MT 1.3b49 progress

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Brigand
Read-only User

Re: MT 1.3b49 progress

Post by Brigand »

That would work, but it wouldn't have { } as tooltips for results. I don't know enough about java to add just that back in.

kat2cute
Dragon

Post by kat2cute »

Currently, there seems to be a hard-coded limit of 55 states. After that, you can't add any more. Plus, you cannot make sub-groups (groups within groups). Could we get at least the limit on number of available states raised/removed for this build?
Quote from an underwater D&D fight:
Alright fighter, it's your turn. What do you do?
Fighter: What do you think I do? I FAIL MY F**KING SWIM CHECK

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Weird, I wouldn't have expected a hard-coded limit on states. Unless it had something to do with the available space on the token dialog...

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

It is true that the [] was supposed to always be expanded. I'm not sure when or who changed that behavior (and I'm too lazy to go look it up).

I'm still debating whether to change it back for 1.3 or not.

It is also correct that it's not the macro stuff that has been holding 1.3 back, it's my own issues with the core components and RL commitments that delay the release. Just fyi.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

OK, I have a confession. Fixing Expose Last Path was a loooot easier than I expected *ducks* The speed improvements and overall architecture redesign over the last several builds has really made it possible to fix. It's a first pass at getting it fixed, so I've probably missed some cases, and it'll probably be a resource hog on very complex vbl maps (possibly), but initial testing show that it's at least working again :) This will be in b49 due out RSN.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

trevor wrote:It is true that the [] was supposed to always be expanded. I'm not sure when or who changed that behavior (and I'm too lazy to go look it up).

I'm still debating whether to change it back for 1.3 or not.
I am working on a patch that makes it a configurable option if that helps your resolve your internal debate :)

The only question now is where to put the option, in one sense it has to be a sever policy, and in another it also has to be something you can change when you are not connected to a server.

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

Craig wrote:The only question now is where to put the option, in one sense it has to be a sever policy, and in another it also has to be something you can change when you are not connected to a server.
Make it a Campaign Property. Those are propagated to all clients, and are configurable offline. Just don't ask me WHERE in the properties to put it.

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

trevor wrote:OK, I have a confession. Fixing Expose Last Path was a loooot easier than I expected *ducks* The speed improvements and overall architecture redesign over the last several builds has really made it possible to fix. It's a first pass at getting it fixed, so I've probably missed some cases, and it'll probably be a resource hog on very complex vbl maps (possibly), but initial testing show that it's at least working again :) This will be in b49 due out RSN.
Woohoo!

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Craig wrote:The only question now is where to put the option, in one sense it has to be a sever policy, and in another it also has to be something you can change when you are not connected to a server.
Make it a Server policy and put the option under general preferences. When you are running "stand-alone" you do have a server up and you are the only client. I believe the code even makes reference to a private server.

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Phergus wrote:
Make it a Server policy and put the option under general preferences. When you are running "stand-alone" you do have a server up and you are the only client. I believe the code even makes reference to a private server.

Here is what I have been thinking/looking at the code for at the moment, maybe people can tell me if this makes sense or not.

Place the option under the general preferences, so anyone can change it when running locally.
When a server is started it comes up in the start server dialog with the values populated from preferences (incase I want to develop my campaign with tooltips but play with expanded output, this way I can change it as I launch server, or maybe I run different games with different requirements all the time). Once the server is running the preference input for this is disabled so it can't be modified.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

trevor wrote:OK, I have a confession. Fixing Expose Last Path was a loooot easier than I expected *ducks* The speed improvements and overall architecture redesign over the last several builds has really made it possible to fix. It's a first pass at getting it fixed, so I've probably missed some cases, and it'll probably be a resource hog on very complex vbl maps (possibly), but initial testing show that it's at least working again :) This will be in b49 due out RSN.
Very nice! VERY nice! I am sure many of us will be giddly with joy, Trevor! Thank you!

It works like a champ in my current campaign which is currently set in a dungeon with lots of lighting and more than average VBL. Actually, it performed better than you made it out to sound. I am very pleased. I have not tested it with a forest yet though - will soon.

I am sure TheLev will be pleased. I should send him a PM to give him a heads up. ;)
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Craig wrote:Place the option under the general preferences, so anyone can change it when running locally.

When a server is started it comes up in the start server dialog with the values populated from preferences (incase I want to develop my campaign with tooltips but play with expanded output, this way I can change it as I launch server, or maybe I run different games with different requirements all the time). Once the server is running the preference input for this is disabled so it can't be modified.
I think that is a good solution.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

palmer wrote:
Make it a Campaign Property. Those are propagated to all clients, and are configurable offline. Just don't ask me WHERE in the properties to put it.
I have to agree with campaign property.

Otherwise, loading an older campaign into a newer version of MT won't work as expected...

However, the campaign property could still be initialized from the Preferences page that you're talking about, so that new campaigns have a default setting.

simonutp
Giant

Post by simonutp »

Trevor did you saw this post ?
Is Dorpond right saying that there is no way to have this feature back at the moment?
I mean, my idea was that it was a very simple way to have auras...

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

simonutp wrote:Trevor did you saw this post ?
Is Dorpond right saying that there is no way to have this feature back at the moment?
I mean, my idea was that it was a very simple way to have auras...
Common now.. I didn't say that.... :? :lol:
But feel free to use me as a bump - I would like to see auras return also. :)
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Return to “Developer Notes”