MapTool 1.3 Development Build 53 progress

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 53 progress

Post by Orchard »

RPTroll wrote:We got our topic back. Yeah!
What!? You want it back? No! Not yours!

Well okay, I mean sure, if you ask nicely. Really, I'm just trying to boost my post count...speaking of....looking for some forum necromancy real soon here! :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :roll: :roll: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted:
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

trevor wrote:Bwahahahaha !

Update
OK, so, it happened again, asleep at the keyboard :(
Having keyboard impressions on your face from falling asleep on it is a rite of passage for any programmer! And not just one you do once.

IMarvinTPA
Dragon

Post by IMarvinTPA »

Cweord wrote:If your Sicilian, 35 - If you have built up a resistance - 10
I would expect the DC to stay the same, you just get a +25 Competence bonus once you've built up immunity.

IMarv

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

IMarvinTPA wrote:
Cweord wrote:If your Sicilian, 35 - If you have built up a resistance - 10
I would expect the DC to stay the same, you just get a +25 Competence bonus once you've built up immunity.

IMarv
Wait, he said immunity..that implies that he had less than a 50% chance of failure. I don't know his fortitude save, but we'll grant that he's either a fighter or rogue (this makes a difference, but whatever) of some skill, and should have a decent fortitude save. He was a peasant, and had spent several years training in harsh conditions. Can we assume that he was at least level 10? Maybe higher? Perhaps a +25 bonus isn't too out of hand. The real problem is that if you FAIL the initial check you are dead. That's not immunity. I'd have to check, but I've played 1=failure on saving throws for a while. After all, there is considerable risk, and it gives that SLIGHT chance of failure on a botched roll. But I'm not actually sure if that's a house rule or RAW.
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

IMarvinTPA
Dragon

Post by IMarvinTPA »

I'd probably just house-rule a feat: "Poison immunity (Iocain Powder)"

IMarv

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Is the code all checked in? Anybody have a guess on stability? My gaming night is on Wednesday and I think I'm going to give b53 a shot to avoid any sort of issues with b52 bugs.

I think it's an EXCELLENT idea to not add new features yet :-)

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

It's all checked in. I'll do the build tonight.

If anyone with the source wants to kick the tires, please do and let me know what you find.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

I noticed the following in the b52 announcement thread, but wasn't sure if they're fixed yet. I'm working on a macro-rewrite and was considering doing some light stuff with it... but will gladly hold off if I can't expect it in b53...
Rumble wrote:Messing about further with Auras I discovered some other things (not sure if this has been raised already). I set up a token with an aura showing the limit of its legal movement (was messing around with that as a possible useful tool) and found the following:

1. If you use setLight() and its kin to manipulate auras, the auras don't appear or disappear until you physically move the token (click-and-drag). They appear and disappear immediately when you use the right-click menu.

2. Auras do not move along with the token when you use the moveToken() function. Is there some sort of "refresh" or repaint function?
Specifically #1

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Both of these would be solved by calling ZoneRenderer.flushLight() I believe, whoever is currently working on those macros
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

trevor wrote:Both of these would be solved by calling ZoneRenderer.flushLight() I believe, whoever is currently working on those macros
I will fix them then

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

Just as chance would have it, I just watched this tonight and Trevor alerted me to this thread. Throughout my life, I have always said "Have fun storming the castle!" whenever someone was departing. I say it to my kids all the time when they leave for school in the morning. I never realized it was because of this movie! Always thought it was my D&D childhood or something. Go figure!
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

God Returns
Cave Troll

Post by God Returns »

Orchard wrote:I'd have to check, but I've played 1=failure on saving throws for a while. After all, there is considerable risk, and it gives that SLIGHT chance of failure on a botched roll. But I'm not actually sure if that's a house rule or RAW.
This is RAW. Same with the natural 20 being a critical success/automatic success. The DMG and Unearthed Arcana produce rules to do away with these features, but the PHB and DMG both mention 1 being an automatic failure.

Return to “Developer Notes”