MT 1.3b54 progress - ready for internal testing

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MT 1.3b54 progress - ready for internal testing

Post by trevor »

I'm planning to build 1.3b54 tonight. So all the code is currently checked in.

For those that have the code checked out, it would be great if you could update and kick the tires on the new features. I'll build probably around 10p central 3/30 (today)

Here's the change list:

Build 54
* Spanish translation update (Contributed by Patricio)
* New table properties: Visible to players and Player executable (Contributed by Applekor)
* Revert inet addy lookup (doesn't work well with virtual nats) (Contributed by azhrei)
* Change "Broken" image to red X to differentiate from "Loading" question mark image
* Fix bug: Possible exception when trying to edit properties of new stamp (Contributed by Luca)
* Fix bug: Exception when performing undo when the map isn't visible to players
* Fix bug: Exception when rotating token
* Fix bug: Exception when mousing over a macro button when the player has no current map
* Fix bug: launching after MT had been on a secondary (projector) leaves the frame offscreen
* Fix bug: Exception when trying to show lights on a token that has an undefined light type
* Fix bug: Exception trying to set light source opacity to a negative number
* Fix bug: personal light (e.g. Darkvision) trumps all other light
* Fix bug: cut and copy on TokenPopupMenu does not work
* Fix bug: MT doesn't handle missing library directories gracefully
* Fix bug: token names are visible to player over the fog
* Fix bug: remote image repository index parser can't handle extra space or blank lines
* Fix bug: dropped rptoks are not uploading their images

Contributed by applekor
* New table properties: Visible to players and Player executable
* BugFix: Disable Macro tab in the token editor dialog.
* BugFix: Propagate campaign macro changes to clients in realtime.
-Removed warning message to GM about the campaign needing to be reloaded following campaign macro changes.
-Removed checkbox in application preferences to hide/show warning message.
* BugFix: Macro affect halo artifact caused by aborted drag-and-drop operation.
* BugFix: [Prior to b54 release] "Show Table to Players" functionality was reversed.
* Cleanup: Player macro editing capabilities.
-Players now only have the "Run for Each Selected" option when right-clicking a campaign macro.
-Players no longer get a popup menu when right-clicking on a button group within the campaign macro panel.
-Added player macro editing default checkbox to application preferences. This determines whether or not new macros are player editable by default.

Contributed by Azhrei
* Revert inet addy lookup (doesn't work well with virtual nats)
* Changed the zoom level display in the statusbar to be editable; a percentage value can be entered in order to jump to a particular zoom level
* Fixed search of the I18N properties for all tools
* Fixed Rename Map's use of parameterized string from I18N
* Added beginning of chat log autosave implementation (currently non-functional) (two fields added to Edit->Preferences; added tooltips on some other fields)
* Add FileFilter for saving maps
* Fixed some NullPointerExceptions in the InitiativePanel
* Parameterized some strings that were hard-coded in InitiativePanel
* Fixed double-click on token in InitiativePanel not forcing players to same view when that mode is on (more work to do on this one)
* Added missing options to instruction strings in i18n.properties
* Updated French translation by forum user 'Natha'
* Fixed "asset://" URL handler so they will work within Swing components properly
* Modified the various messages for server starting/connecting so they were unique and could help identify which path the code had taken.
* Modified "portforward.com" messages to refer to the RPTools HOWTO forum instead.

Contributed by Craig W
* moveTokenToMap(ids, map, x, y, zorder) - Moves tokens from current map to specified map.
* moveTokenFrom(ids, map, x, y, zorder) - Moves tokens from specified map to current map.
In both cases ids can be either a single token id or a JSON list of tokens.
* getMatchingProperties(pattern, delim, id) - gets the names of the properties that match pattern from the token.
* getMatchingLibProperties(pattern, lib, delim, id) - gets the names of the properties that match pattern from the lib:token.
* All Strings for macro function errors, roll options, variable prompting etc have been extracted to the language property file so
that they can be translated into other languages.
* Token Properties now match variables and Default Properties in that they are no longer case sensitive
* Fix bug: json.sort now sorts objects of arrays sensibly instead of haphazardly, you can specify the fields to sort by after the direction.
* Fix bug: Token properties should now always be case insensitive, instead of the "some times they are some times they aren't" of previous versions.
* Fix bug: A few null pointer errors fixed in rare conditions in the json.* macro functions
* Fix bug: Several error messages tided up
* Fix bug: A couple of "unlikely to occur" errors that were being ignored or printed to console in MapToolLineParser are now being logged.
* Fix bug: fix an error in json.merge where it can not recognize objects correctly.
* Lights/Auras "repainted" correctly from macros where they need to be
* Fix a null pointer error when calling unknown macros on tokens
* getMacroButtonIndex() function corrected to return number
* Ouput from macro calls are formatted correctly if there is only rolls contained in the output.
* Fix problem with json.type on non json objects.
* copyToken accepts a JSON object in optional argument that allows changing of new token values
* raised limit for loops
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: MT 1.3b54 progress - ready for internal testing

Post by jfrazierjr »

What? No vision freqs? Say it aint so???? :cry:
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

trevor

Post by trevor »

jfrazierjr wrote:What? No vision freqs? Say it aint so???? :cry:
I sent you an email about it a little earlier. I'm trying to get the build out tonight, and haven't had a chance to thoroughly review your patch. I saw some things that needed deeper checking, so I didn't feel comfortable putting it in yet.

If I get a chance to check it out deeper tonight before the build I'll apply it, but can't promise anything at this point.

But keep the faith, I'm expecting lots of builds the next week or two as we finalize 1.3 out

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

trevor wrote: But keep the faith, I'm expecting lots of builds the next week or two as we finalize 1.3 out

Ah.... I guess I was kind of under the impression that this was the end of the line, and that if it was not in this build, it would not make make 1.3 at all.

Actually, Mrugrak(sp?) took my patch and added offset to it and posted it back to the original thread I had started as an attachment. I won't have access to my email for until later tonight, but there IS an issue with it that I can't figure out (perhaps you addressed that in the email) where it won't show(reveal) fog on facing changes, just when the token moves.

In any event, if this does not make it into 1.3, I won't be crushed or anything, mainly, I had some time to do something and that seemed a nice place to "equalize" the light/vision code so that they did the same thing(well.. so some degree). It also happened to be something that quite a few people had clamored for. Of course.... as I said in PM, at some point, (even if it was to wait for 1.4) I would really love to be able to have vision tied to range so that the shorter of maprange vs vision range vs light range takes precedence. I rather dislike having 1000 being the default range, that's like a mile and rather unrealistic in terms of detail at that distance. Again, no big deal, as I know from the way back machine that you were wanting to head this direction, but also wanted to do a UI change and frankly, the existing parsing method I did, while it will work, is prone to failure if data is entered incorrectly.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

trevor

Post by trevor »

I can see it going into 1.3, just not b54. The final build hasn't been determined yet. The other post is mostly musings about where the line should be drawn.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

What an awesome list of bug fixes, I am looking forward to this!

trevor

Post by trevor »

lmarkus001 wrote:What an awesome list of bug fixes, I am looking forward to this!
The new error dialog is a blessing and a curse, but overall a huge win for everybody in the long run.

Mrugnak
Dragon

Post by Mrugnak »

jfrazierjr wrote:Actually, Mrugrak(sp?) took my patch and added offset to it and posted it back to the original thread I had started as an attachment. I won't have access to my email for until later tonight, but there IS an issue with it that I can't figure out (perhaps you addressed that in the email) where it won't show(reveal) fog on facing changes, just when the token moves.
Mrugnak :D He was an old D&D character of mine, and now he's a new GURPS character :D

The version of the patch I got didn't receive the update that shows the entire player token instead of just the pie slice. You mentioned that you'd fixed that, but that was after posting your patch, so my version doesn't have that fix.

Just FYI.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

trevor wrote:Contributed by Azhrei
* Added beginning of chat log autosave implementation (currently non-functional) (two fields added to Edit->Preferences; added tooltips on some other fields)
I expect to add the rest of this in the next few days. Unfortunately, I'm back to working 10-hour days so my time will be limited for the next couple weeks. :(
And there is now support for loading/saving individual maps! Woohoo! ;)
* Fixed double-click on token in InitiativePanel not forcing players to same view when that mode is on (more work to do on this one)
I've had weird problems with this. I'd appreciate if people could test this. I've seen a double-click that doesn't re-center the map. :( If this happens to you, please drop a quick post here. I'd like to know which Init Panel options you have turned on (Owner Permissions is the big one) and whether you have enabled Tools->Lock Player Movement. There's some kind of interaction there, but I haven't narrowed it down yet.

Mrugnak
Dragon

Post by Mrugnak »

Updated and launched and got this message in the console in bright red
Mar 30, 2009 7:18:09 PM com.jidesoft.docking.DefaultDockingManager a
WARNING: Error loading layout - null
So far nothing has gone *bang* though.

EDIT: OK, I went and played with the visible to player table option, closed, and discovered this in my console in bright red:
Exception in thread "Thread-17" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Width (200) and height (0) cannot be <= 0
at java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.<init>(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.util.PersistenceUtil.saveCampaignThumbnail(PersistenceUtil.java:270)
at net.rptools.maptool.util.PersistenceUtil.saveCampaign(PersistenceUtil.java:244)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.AutoSaveManager$1.run(AutoSaveManager.java:104)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Sadly I didn't notice it going on so I'm not sure when that happened.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Mrugnak, I can guess what the problem was based on the stack, and it should be benign, but I'll make a note.

Thanks for the testing guys

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

Azhrei wrote:
HOW?

trevor

Post by trevor »

palmer wrote:
Azhrei wrote:
HOW?
I delayed on this one for b54

Return to “Developer Notes”