MapTool 1.3b55 progress

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.3b55 progress

Post by trevor »

here's the current changelist for b55:

Build 55
* Optimization: clear out erased drawables when loading a campaign
* Spanish translation update (Contributed by Patricio)
* Fix bug: double clicking a token in the initpanel should center on selected token
* Fix bug: memory issues when saving a campaign with lots of drawables
* OSX menu bar and hot key integration (Contributed by Craig Courtney)
* conic and square vision (Contributed by jfrazierjr)

Contributed by applekor
*Clear Group and Clear Panel popup menu options now prompt for confirmation before execution.
*Internationalization support has been added to the macro button editor dialog. Only English has been added to the resource files. Volunteers are welcome to translate to other languages.
*Internationalization support has been added to the Selection panel menu button tool tips. Only English has been added to the resource files. Volunteers are welcome to translate to other languages.

Contributed by Craig W
* added options to output to self and gm as well as a list of players to macro links.
* added getCurrentMapName() function
* added getMapNames() function (trusted)
* added getVisibleMapNames() function to get player visible map names
* added second optional argument to getTokenStates() which specifies group of stated to get.
* added execLink() function (trusted) to execute macro links passed to it.
* fixed bug with getGMName() and setGMName() returning wrong error mesage.
* fixed bug where names in form with method=json contained html escape sequences.
* fixed bug where clicking on an input image would only return x,y and not form values
* fixed bug where using moveTokenToMap(), moveTokenFromMap() to/from the map the token is on loses the token.
* fixed bug removed spurious \n characters from macro output.
* fixed bug where some of the slash commands were double reporting errors.
* exception stack traces that were caused as a result of macros/slash commands that were being dumped to the console are now sent to log file. Not all of them just those that are caused by non checked errors.
* String extraction for internationalization for slash commands errors and output.
* Fixed for loop off by 1 error that some times occur when step size != 1
* Right click -> macros menu on token stack and init panel now runs macro against token that was clicked on.
* Token movement/copying functions now do not force "snap to grid" when using the distance values (cell based movement still snaps to the grid).
* Fixed bug when moving tokens to maps with different grid size/type when using moveTokenToMap/moveTokenFromMap

I'm still working with a couple patch contributors to iron out some kinks, and ironing out a few more bugs, but this should be the bulk of it.

There are a couple noteworthy things to test:

- When loading a campaign, all drawables should still exist
- When loading a campaign, all drawn lines should be the correct thickness
- Campaign size should go drastically down (if you use a lot of drawables)
- Macros should work from the popup menu on the init panel

If you testers would mind testing those things, that would be great !

Looking at a monday or tuesday build
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

wrathchild
Dragon

Re: MapTool 1.3b55 progress

Post by wrathchild »

trevor wrote: * conic and square vision (Contributed by jfrazierjr)
And the crowd goes wild!
Entering the Digital Age of Roleplaying.
Part of the Resident GURPS Lobby.
Calling for Halos to be Hexified.

DJuego
Cave Troll

Post by DJuego »

wrathchild wrote:
trevor wrote: * conic and square vision (Contributed by jfrazierjr)
And the crowd goes wild!
Yeah!!

But
jfrazierjr wrote:But, as I said, currently the reveal does not happen with facing changes so I hope Trevor can help me fix that.
[referred to Conic Vision] from http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... ion#p94918.

Was this problem resolved? I think it is a important concern for conic vision.

DJuego

zEal
Dragon

Post by zEal »

trevor wrote: Contributed by Craig W
* added options to output to self and gm as well as a list of players to macro links.
* added getCurrentMapName() function
* added getMapNames() function (trusted)
* added getVisibleMapNames() function to get player visible map names
* added second optional argument to getTokenStates() which specifies group of stated to get.
I watched as Craig added these to the wiki, all great stuff, especially the new parameter for getTokenStates() :D

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

Wow, allot of stuff there. Craig W seems to be really adding a ton of features lately, excellent work!
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Trevor, I am going to be doing some clean up of the vision stuff tonight when I get home and will send you another patch. I still have not figured out a way to get the facing change event to reveal FOW though, and the ideas you IMed me did not seem to work.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

trevor wrote:here's the current changelist for b55:
Oh man. Am I going to abuse the heck outta this one.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

DJuego
Cave Troll

Post by DJuego »

jfrazierjr wrote:Trevor, I am going to be doing some clean up of the vision stuff tonight when I get home and will send you another patch. I still have not figured out a way to get the facing change event to reveal FOW though, and the ideas you IMed me did not seem to work.
Thank you very much for your efforts, jfrazierjr ( :wink: )!!

EDIT-1: I have 'tested' the Conic Vision SVN version a seconds ago and I love it! Great!! Fantastic!!!

However, I missed the static instruction text.

Name: options
circle, square, cone arc=#
x# - ...
r# - ...

EDIT-2: Ups! Set facing with conic vision works!! ( :P ) Perhaps Trevor has resolved it. True? Or I have not understood the caveat.

DJuego

Mrugnak
Dragon

Post by Mrugnak »

DJuego wrote:EDIT-2: Ups! Set facing with conic vision works!! ( :P ) Perhaps Trevor has resolved it. True? Or I have not understood the caveat.
It is not "Set facing with conic vision". It is "If you have auto-reveal fog set on the token, the token does not autoreveal when you rotate it and 'Sweep' the cone across the area."

EDIT: Did my update for vision offset get in yet?

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Mrugnak wrote:
DJuego wrote:EDIT-2: Ups! Set facing with conic vision works!! ( :P ) Perhaps Trevor has resolved it. True? Or I have not understood the caveat.
It is not "Set facing with conic vision". It is "If you have auto-reveal fog set on the token, the token does not autoreveal when you rotate it and 'Sweep' the cone across the area."

I just loaded the SVN and it does not look like your addition got in. I am going to try to get something done and send to Trevor shortly and will put that part in also.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

DJuego
Cave Troll

Post by DJuego »

Mrugnak wrote:

Mmm... when I rotate it... Ok! I'm sorry for the confusion! On the other hand The confusion was natural: There are not conic vision for a beholder. ( :) )

DJuego

Mrugnak
Dragon

Post by Mrugnak »

DJuego wrote:Mmm... when I rotate it... Ok! I'm sorry for the confusion! On the other hand The confusion was natural: There are not conic vision for a beholder. ( :) )
That's quite all right. It's only (un)natural :D

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

YEAH!!!! I got it...I found a way to get the facing change to reveal FOW. Checked in with Trevor to see if he wants me to send him a new patch or if he wants to just make the change (it's adding a single line, at least where I put it).

DJuego
Cave Troll

Post by DJuego »

jfrazierjr wrote:YEAH!!!! I got it...I found a way to get the facing change to reveal FOW. Checked in with Trevor to see if he wants me to send him a new patch or if he wants to just make the change (it's adding a single line, at least where I put it).
Ok! Enough! My heart! I can swear I will dream with Maptool tonight! I leave the forum NOW!.

DJuego

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Was/is anybody working on auras to project forward & square? i.e. 4E blasts?

Return to “Developer Notes”