Cave Tiles test

Threads for tilesets and background graphics made by MapTool users and provided for other users to make use of. (This is just like the section for frameworks that users have made and offered to others, but specific to libraries of map-making tiles, objects, and backgrounds).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

jfrazierjr
Deity

Cave Tiles test

Post by jfrazierjr »

Ok.. so I wanted to give this a go and try to create some cavern tiles. I have been using GE's and while I like his, I want some more variety so I figured I would do some of my own. I need some input.... Do you prefer the first one with no "inner" shadow or the second one (which more closely matches GE's). I personally favor the second one since in many cases, VBL will be covering the inner parts anyway.. but thats just me. Plus, the second one hides the fact that I can't quite get the texture I created totally seamless.

If you guys like these, I will present them for inclusion as a download pack.
TileTest.jpg
TileTest.jpg (241.91 KiB) Viewed 10936 times
Attachments
InnerCorner4.png
InnerCorner4.png (37.87 KiB) Viewed 10935 times
InnerCorner3.png
InnerCorner3.png (40.22 KiB) Viewed 10934 times
InnerCorner2.png
InnerCorner2.png (36.7 KiB) Viewed 10935 times
InnerCorner1.png
InnerCorner1.png (35.37 KiB) Viewed 10939 times
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

wrathchild
Dragon

Re: Cave Tiles test

Post by wrathchild »

I like the look of them for sure! I'd kinda like to see type #1 for the variation from GE's, but if #2 gets it done OTOH - then I'm for those :D
Entering the Digital Age of Roleplaying.
Part of the Resident GURPS Lobby.
Calling for Halos to be Hexified.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Nice work Joe. I think the second one is the one to go for. The dark center works well with the VBL.

Darloth
Cave Troll

Post by Darloth »

I like the look of the dark centre as well, personally. They look quite good and more irregular wall tiles are always useful.

Return to “Tilesets/Graphics for Map-making”