My dungeon tiles

Threads for tilesets and background graphics made by MapTool users and provided for other users to make use of. (This is just like the section for frameworks that users have made and offered to others, but specific to libraries of map-making tiles, objects, and backgrounds).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Brigand
Read-only User

Re: My dungeon tiles

Post by Brigand »

Tilesets are an awesome way to promote MapTool actually. It was one of the coolest parts of Neverwinter Nights. If there was a standardized set of templates people could download and use as a base for their own tilesets it would be pretty awesome.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Right a few more things added. Barred doors, prison doors, elevation corners and some rubble:
DoorsAndRubble.jpg
DoorsAndRubble.jpg (51.32 KiB) Viewed 3288 times
DoorsAndRubble2.jpg
DoorsAndRubble2.jpg (55.94 KiB) Viewed 3289 times
I think that's all for the time being. I'm going to be working on other things for the next couple of days.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Excellent work, Torstan! You are the perfect guy for pulling such a feat off! ;)
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Malekith wrote:This is so amazing! Such a great expansion for the 2 gig file and sould so be included as an official set (d'ya hear me admins? :P)
Trevor has told me to package these up for addition to the base download. I'll get them prepared and send him a patch with this stuff in it.

Thanks, torstan. These really are very nice!

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Give me a second. I'll clean up the zips (there's a few things that should really be taken out) and post here when I'm done.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Right, done. I removed the corridor and floor tiles, because it's become clear that the best practice for these is to paint the floors and then build the walls as tiles on the background layer. I've also added a torch so that we can have some light in out dungeons.

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

Make sure you include your floor textures. It helps create a theme to the tilesets that match and look consistent. Also, if you haven't done so, clean up the filenames. I saw a number of files that were named copy of this or copy of that. Made me wonder if I had too many files.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Good points. The copies are the rotated single length walls. I'll put a little time into making these a little clearer.

Azhrei - is it the 100px or the 50px set that's going to be used?

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

Something like 1x2h and 1x2v or whatever their sizes are would be good. I just label mine Wall 001 and so on and so forth. It would be nice if the image thumbnails showed up more clearly in the library.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Azhrei wrote:
Malekith wrote:This is so amazing! Such a great expansion for the 2 gig file and sould so be included as an official set (d'ya hear me admins? :P)
Trevor has told me to package these up for addition to the base download. I'll get them prepared and send him a patch with this stuff in it.
I have been working with Torstan, Azhrei, and this is a work in progress. Make sure you don't package it all up until Torstan gives you the thumbs up, OK?

Thanks Pal.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

torstan wrote:I've also added a torch so that we can have some light in out dungeons.
Both lit and unlit, right? :)

wyrmwood
Dragon

Post by wyrmwood »

This is excellent work. Thanks to all who've contributed, and especially Torstan!

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

It is now.

Azhrei and I have been chatting a little about the licensing by pm. I'll talk to you both when the tileset has been tweaked and the zip is ready to be included.

At this stage I'm just going for a complete dungeon set with basic contents - essentially just doors and lightsources in addition to the floor textures and wall tiles. The possible objects for filling out a dungeon are infinite. I've got a basic library of those but they are certainly not ready to go into a zip file yet.

The next step is to do some outdoor textures and terrain for wilderness encounters. If we can get a basic dungeon and wilderness tileset complete for 1.3 I'd be very happy.

wyrmwood
Dragon

Post by wyrmwood »

torstan wrote: If we can get a basic dungeon and wilderness tileset complete for 1.3 I'd be very happy.
I think that would go a long way in introducing new users to the tool. The biggest issue with the tool for new users, is once they've downloaded it, they need to go out and get some images. Tie this with some topology on the token from gioppo's build and this will rock for new and old users alike!

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

torstan wrote:If we can get a basic dungeon and wilderness tileset complete for 1.3 I'd be very happy.
Me too! :)

Thanks again Torstan for all your help

Return to “Tilesets/Graphics for Map-making”