My dungeon tiles

Threads for tilesets and background graphics made by MapTool users and provided for other users to make use of. (This is just like the section for frameworks that users have made and offered to others, but specific to libraries of map-making tiles, objects, and backgrounds).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

RPTroll
TheBard

Re: My dungeon tiles

Post by RPTroll »

dorpond wrote:
torstan wrote:If we can get a basic dungeon and wilderness tileset complete for 1.3 I'd be very happy.
Me too! :)

Thanks again Torstan for all your help
In case I haven't said it in a while, you guys ROCK!
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

It's a pleasure. It's great to be able to contribute something useful in return for the use I've got out of this tool for the last couple of years.

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

I wish I got to play more often than I have. I'm cursed... every 4e game I've tried to join has fallen apart after one or two sessions, right after I join. It's darned frustrating!

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

I've had the luck of keeping in touch with two old gaming groups though maptool. We may not play very often, but we'll still be playing in years to come.

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

I'd be happy with one game a week. Sadly, the number of games I've played since 4e came out is much less than 52.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Torstan, I know you had mentioned to Craig about using a few of your maps such as the golbin mines, the winter farmhouse,etc in the macro tutorial. Do you think you can make sure Dorpond and Az are aware of those maps and include them in 1.3, assuming your ok with them being included as part of the base release as fully created maps?
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Of course. I'd forgotten about them. I'll pass that on and see if they pass muster.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Okay, floor is open once again for suggestions. I want to get some core lightsources into the bundle for b54. I have lit and unlit torches and a lit and unlit brazier:
Lighting.jpg
Lighting.jpg (56.53 KiB) Viewed 3349 times
I'd like people to pitch in with lightsources they feel should be in a core tile pack. Feel free to pitch in other ideas as well, they'll go on my list of future tiles to put together, even if they are patches of weird glowing fungi ... unless anyone feels that's core? :)

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Torstan, those brazier look like chests of gold to me. How about making them round with flames coming out the top? Unless of course I am envisioning a different object all together. :)

[edit] Yeah, this is what I think when I think brazier:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&r ... rch+Images
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

An entirely scientific google search suggests that most braziers are indeed round and flaming rather than square and filled with hot coals (or gold coins apparently). I'll adapt it accordingly.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

torstan wrote:The next step is to do some outdoor textures and terrain for wilderness encounters. If we can get a basic dungeon and wilderness tileset complete for 1.3 I'd be very happy.
Trevor just posted the plans for b54. I don't know if tilesets are considered an additional "feature" or not. ;) But I doubt there much to it, since the code is already in place to unpack the default tiles and put them in place.

I'm thinking we'll have to go with the 50px size, though. The 1.8MB -> 5MB size difference is going to make the 100px too large for the standard download, IMO.

I had already asked him about an option on the Help menu that takes people to the "Links and External Resources" forum with the menu option titled, "Additional Image Libraries..." Then we'll add your 100px stuff as a link there. There is already a menu option for the top level of the forums, but people who are new (and haven't been to the forum before) may not be aware of the collection of images available.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

That was my feeling too. I'll focus on cleaning up the 50px library then.

Oh, here's a bonfire that I knocked up:
Lighting2.jpg
Lighting2.jpg (46.34 KiB) Viewed 3345 times
and the pngs:
UnlitBonfire.png
UnlitBonfire.png (17.61 KiB) Viewed 3345 times
LitBonfire,Halo.png
LitBonfire,Halo.png (96.51 KiB) Viewed 3344 times

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

I really need to ask for a drawing tablet. I can actually do some minor doodling with a tablet that I can't with a mouse. Those fires look great. Just add a transparent stone ring to plop around them for a long term campsite.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Yes, it's definitely worth getting a tablet. Amazon's selling the small bamboo for $62, which is very reasonable. 've never found a need for any tablet larger than A6 active area and this way I can take it everywhere with me.

Mathemagician
Dragon

Post by Mathemagician »

Before I read the post, I thought "Oo treasure chests!", so I'm with Dorpond on this one!
Still love this work though.

As far as other "generic" light sources go, I'm not entirely sure what else is needed in a dungeon setting. For a wilderness setting, some bioluminescent plants would be nice.

Some glowing rune doodads like your magic circle would be neat, could probably get them to snap nicely onto the flag stones too.

A forge would also be handy.

Maybe some glowy liquids?

I'm reaching for straws here, and all my straws are on fire :P

Edit: too much tex...used `` '' instead of " "

Return to “Tilesets/Graphics for Map-making”