My dungeon tiles

Threads for tilesets and background graphics made by MapTool users and provided for other users to make use of. (This is just like the section for frameworks that users have made and offered to others, but specific to libraries of map-making tiles, objects, and backgrounds).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: My dungeon tiles

Post by Azhrei »

trevor wrote:The gallery is in fact the default repository. Unfortunately it isn't currently auto updating the index.
If you can give me an idea of the issue, I can try to take a look at it. Especially if you have the old script or can tell me where on the site it is...

Slayve2DnD
Dragon

Post by Slayve2DnD »

How would I go about checking if you've updated your download? I have a version of your download I grabbed like a month or so ago now, and I'm wondering what all might be new for me to grab. I'm really looking for some curved earthbacked walls for a dungeon I have drawn up but wanting to put in MT for my players. Angled walls are something I could also really use too, I think I read somewhere in this forum you were going to draw some, but unsure if you have yet or not.
I'm not retarded...I'm a simple creature...there is a difference.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

I'll add a note to this thread whenever I update the tileset. There are angled walls in the set now and there have been numerous other small tweaks in the last month so yes, it's worth downloading the current set.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Torstan, I used this tileset to create part of a Vision Blocking tutorial on the Wiki, and I wanted to say 1) hope that's okay (I believe so, under the license, although I forgot to check how you want to be credited), 2) thank you! and 3) these tiles make a darn fine lookin' dungeon.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I whipped this map out in a short period of time but need a little help from the graphics guys.

What can I do to improve it?
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Nice! Rumble - that's absolutely fine. And that is a good looking map. What texture did you use for the background flags? That looks like an old one - I don't think I left a set of flags in with transparent cracks between them. Also, the new objects have drop shadows that helps them blend in with the dungeon a little more. Looking good though - and I'm glad they were easy to use.

RPTroll - Looks good to me. Some lightsources might no go amiss. I'd also suggest taking the objects off snap to grid so it looks less regular. You've also got a very large space in the big room without anything holding up the roof. Perhaps a couple of pillars in there? Looks very cool so far.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

torstan wrote:Nice! Rumble - that's absolutely fine. And that is a good looking map. What texture did you use for the background flags? That looks like an old one - I don't think I left a set of flags in with transparent cracks between them. Also, the new objects have drop shadows that helps them blend in with the dungeon a little more. Looking good though - and I'm glad they were easy to use.

RPTroll - Looks good to me. Some lightsources might no go amiss. I'd also suggest taking the objects off snap to grid so it looks less regular. You've also got a very large space in the big room without anything holding up the roof. Perhaps a couple of pillars in there? Looks very cool so far.
It was whatever I just downloaded from your site (I downloaded the package this morning to create the map). The texture was...uh...I don't remember. "Flags Light" or something?

Anyway, thanks! It was very easy to assemble; I'm totally using it for my next actual game.

aku
Dragon

Post by aku »

Hey torstan, i know i had brought up your files being in the repository, and you had said they werent, but wouldnt mind having them there, for ease of use for everyone, did you need volunteers to upload/classify them? it sounded like you were asking for help with it, but i'm not really sure WHAT you needed assistance with.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

aku: thanks for the offer. Actually it's fine. I just didn't realise that the gallery was the repository. However if I understand it correctly - the gallery is the default repository but it's not being updated. Trevor or others can correct me if that's not the case. So I'll happily upload them to the gallery, but that might not help you necessarily.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

You're correct AFAIK. I'm not familiar with the gallery software, so I can't say for sure, but it should be possible to fix it. Trevor said before that there was a script that was executed periodically which created the repository index file. If I knew where the script was and could figure out the gallery software, I'd take a crack at fixing it.

I've got a couple of gigs coming up at the end of the July, but I'll look around as time permits and see if I can figure something out. If I can find the gallery data, I can just write a new script...

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Great. If yo can get that working again then I'll make sure I upload the set to the gallery for everyone.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Updated the map in previous post as suggested.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

That's looking good. Should look great once the PCs get in and you can turn on all those lights.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

torstan wrote:That's looking good. Should look great once the PCs get in and you can turn on all those lights.
What do you guys do for lighting effects? Should I put an aura around the torches and other fires or just set the light range and let it go?

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

I just set up the light and let it go. The torches have a slight aura on them already which works relatively well.

Return to “Tilesets/Graphics for Map-making”