[Map Bits] [AM] Gallery Images (CLOSED)

Threads for tokens/libraries of complete ready to use game maps made by MapTool users and provided for other users to make use of. (This is just like the section for frameworks users have made and offered to others, but specific to completed MapTool maps).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

aliasmask
RPTools Team

[Map Bits] [AM] Gallery Images (CLOSED)

Post by aliasmask »

I'm going to start loading some of my images to share. Often times I just can't find what I'm looking for so I end up having to create my own images. I'm not very artistic so I'll either tweak something that exists and cut/paste, add shadow to create what I need.

I made these wooden stairs from a series of wood planks, a wagon wheel, a wood hand rail and some spiral gradient. I changed the canvass size on the planks to be twice as tall so the would spin at the center. I then pasted them in to MT and arranged them on a white background. Zoomed to 400 and screen captured. I then fixed up the image in PSP 9.0.

I made the 3/4 stairs because you can always draw over the parts you don't want shown in the object layer.

ImageImage

GALLERY
Last edited by aliasmask on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Since the Gallery is going down, this thread is functionally closed.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: [Aliasmask] Gallery Images

Post by aliasmask »

I just uploaded a good chunk of my textures I use. Most are from the community and around the net, but a couple of them I made or photoshopped to make tileable. Not all are tileable though.

Click gallery link at top of thread to view.

edit: I just added a stone stair down overlay for a basement to put over wood stair up. Here's an example of it implemented. You can use your textures to clean up the transitions on the object layer. My example shows 10' wide stairs but it scales as well.
Attachments
example.jpg
example.jpg (18.74 KiB) Viewed 12207 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I just posted some states and token portraits (no border) in my gallery. Most of the items are pictures I tweaked or cleaned up. Link is in my signature and the first post of this thread. You can also do a search for "aliasmask" and find me.

poyodiablo
Giant

Post by poyodiablo »

Great stuff, aliasmask! Thanks for sharing.
PLAYING (Maptool) - Antium (D&D4E) | Clash of the Burning Gods (D&D4E) | The Old Republic (SWSE)
LISTENING (Actual Plays) - Of Steam, Steel & Murder | Celestial Crusade | Gutter Skypes | Monkeys Took My Jetpack | Nerdbound | Roleplaying Public Radio | Icosahedrophilia | RPGMP3.com

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Thanks. I've been collecting this stuff ever since I've been using maptools. I'm sure there are people out there with larger collections though. It's kind of arbitrary what I post, so if you have a request, I'll check my library for it and post it.

I just posted a collection of books after cleaning them up and reducing their size for space.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I'm in the process of asking the original artist if I can post his images for the tarot and deck of many things. According to his website, he seems amiable to doing that.
Last edited by aliasmask on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slayve2DnD
Dragon

Post by Slayve2DnD »

Oh I am DEFINATELY watching this forum...Deck of Many Things was my FAV heartbreaker in 2.0
I'm not retarded...I'm a simple creature...there is a difference.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I added some gate technology and posted the images in the gallery.

Slayve2DnD
Dragon

Post by Slayve2DnD »

Nice pieces. I really like the swirling green portal...perhaps u could do the swirling green in a black for a quick remodel on a campaign I have made.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Slayve2DnD wrote:Nice pieces. I really like the swirling green portal...perhaps u could do the swirling green in a black for a quick remodel on a campaign I have made.
All the images are from the community downloads. I downloaded the rocks, used a font for the runes, did a little paintshop on the runes and downloaded the swirl from another source. I'm sure they're somewhere in the gallery, but I can repost the swirls and other components if you want to remodel them. But I'll go ahead and grab a black swirl as well or recolor this one.

edit:
Here's an alternate open gate image: Image

Slayve2DnD
Dragon

Post by Slayve2DnD »

Somehow I imagined that would come out darker. Still looks good though :)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Another version:

Slayve2DnD
Dragon

Post by Slayve2DnD »

YAR! thats the ticket. Thank you! :mrgreen:

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

From another thread talking about rounded square tokens, I've decided to make all my portrait images with that in mind. I started to add some of my new tokens to my gallery. I'm especially proud of my photoshop'd monk.. turned out really well colorized. The original image was really cool, but I couldn't use a monk with 2 heads. I was an interesting experience colorizing him.

Image Image

Slayve2DnD
Dragon

Post by Slayve2DnD »

Yah, that monk does look BA.

Return to “Complete Maps”