Tokenlab Export Errors

If you have searched the other User Creations subforums and an answer to your question has not been found, please post here!

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

ddufour
Kobold

Tokenlab Export Errors

Post by ddufour »

First time trying to use TokenLab to export my Hero Lab profiles into useable tokens for MapTools.

Now let me say that I have used campaign, frameworks, and other token files fine in the past without error. I am also not a Java programmer so I have no idea what these errors mean.

What I have done (Setup and Config):

Using MapTools 1.3.b87 (Only problem I have with that is that vision blocking fails due to java which my understanding is a conflict between that version and the new java builds so I do not believe it is related to the problem.

Not sure on the exact TokenLab build as there is no "About" or "Info" file with a version. The site link from Lone Wolf (Hero Lab) said that it was for 1.3.b87 build of MapTools.

I launch MapTools and I can load a PF-Campaign file (again the one referenced from the same download page as TokenLab) and I can use that to make Pathfinder tokens in MapTools with no errors by setting token to use Pathfinder and importing macros etc.

So I know MapTools and other campaign files etc work fine.

I also load the TokenLab campaign file as suggested and it loads with the tokens etc. So no problem again with MapTools.

Now Token Lab runs with the small window and four buttons.

I set the default library/file paths for images and exports.

I import a portfolio from Hero Lab using save custom etc to .xml file as suggested on the instructions for TokenLab.

Import is successful and I am able to edit image properties.

After getting the green check mark and trying to export to create a token I receive this error...

"Something bad happened:\n\n[Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@3443a7af"

What does this mean and how do I fix to use TokenLabs. Only one person seemed to have had a similar issue but they never shared what it was or how it was fixed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

ddufour
Kobold

Re: Tokenlab Export Errors

Post by ddufour »

A member in another forum helped to resolve this issue.

In case anyone has this issue (it was resolved), apparently the error was caused by gender of the Hero Lab character not being sent. Hero Lab did not show an error for the gender not being chosen.

Once that was set, the Token Lab was able to export the new .xml file successfully.

Return to “Requests for HELLLLP!”