Tutorial on getting Pathfinder framework to work

If you have searched the other User Creations subforums and an answer to your question has not been found, please post here!

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Sudain
Kobold

Tutorial on getting Pathfinder framework to work

Post by Sudain »

Hello,

I'm trying to get the pathfinder framework to load/work and I can't. I've done a little bit of work on a campaign already(drawing thing in - but I can remake and start fresh if needed). Is there current tutorial I can try to follow? Thank you in advance,

Troubleshooting:
My memory size is 2048(max), 64(min), stack size 4(meg? What are the units here?). When I click okay it doesn't start; I can however get it started by using the 1G batch file.

From there I try to import the framework by going to campaign preferences -> import and I can't see the file in the popup window until I go view all files. When importing it there I get stack out of a cast exception.

ava.lang.ClassCastException: net.rptools.maptool.util.PersistenceUtil$PersistedCampaign cannot be cast to net.rptools.maptool.model.CampaignProperties
at net.rptools.maptool.util.PersistenceUtil.loadCampaignProperties(PersistenceUtil.java:748)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.campaignproperties.CampaignPropertiesDialog$7$1.run(CampaignPropertiesDialog.java:700)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

Using map tools version: 1.3.b89(I've tried 1.3.b87 as well)
Framework version: MT1.3.87.07.u01_DnD35_Pathfinder.cmpgn

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: Tutorial on getting Pathfinder framework to work

Post by lmarkus001 »

Sudain wrote:...

Using map tools version: 1.3.b89(I've tried 1.3.b87 as well)
Framework version: MT1.3.87.07.u01_DnD35_Pathfinder.cmpgn
The release you are working with is only validated for Maptool 1.3.b87. This REQUIRES Java6.
If you are running 32-bit Java, then your max mem should not exceed 1200M (and should be less if your machine only has 2GB of ram).
I recommend a Stack size of 3MB for the framework.

MT1.3.b89 is the devil and should have gone away ages ago.

I ran my first playtest with an updated framework under Maptool1.3.b90 last night. We saw no show stoppers so I should be releasing an updated framework in the next week.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

lmarkus001 wrote:The release you are working with is only validated for Maptool 1.3.b87. This REQUIRES Java6.
b87 require Java 6. But b89 does not. Is there some reason your 87 framework won't work with b89? As far as I know b89 is an improvement over b87.
If you are running 32-bit Java, then your max mem should not exceed 1200M (and should be less if your machine only has 2GB of ram).
This is most asuredly the OP's problem. He needs to install 64 bit java (and preferably java 7 with b89) if he wishes to run 2GB of ram.
MT1.3.b89 is the devil and should have gone away ages ago.
Not sure what is significantly wrong with b89. Been using it for ages with Java 7 without a problem. ;)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

b89 has show-stopping issues for me. So I waited forever for b90 to come out which it never really did. There are now a couple of variants of post b89 Maptool to include 2 compiles that show as b90. This version chaos makes the tool "too hard" for the majority of newcomers to consider. I have just released a b90 compatible version of the framework, but since Maptool is pretty much dead, I will likely migrate to Mote when it becomes stable enough. That will require a fair bit of conversion work so once I do it my Maptool framework will hit end of life.

Sudain
Kobold

Post by Sudain »

Thank you for the update; that's helpful and good information.

Sudain,

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

By the way, as I re-read my post it is a bit too negative. The existing Maptool is very functional, it is just no longer has dedicated leadership and forward support. It does have a lot of good tools built for it and there are a few ongoing efforts to revision it. I use Maptool twice a week very successfully.

Return to “Requests for HELLLLP!”