A few Q's, & Rage Macro

If you have searched the other User Creations subforums and an answer to your question has not been found, please post here!

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

darkdragon85
Kobold

A few Q's, & Rage Macro

Post by darkdragon85 »

Ok so I am very new to this and just amazed at everything that can be done with the macros. I do need some advice and have a question.
First question as a player is there anyway to pull an AC from one of the DMs tokens I wanted to add an "if" statement to my attack macros to factor in critical hits not sure if that is possible.

Second I am trying to pull off a Rage macro, that will rage and then fatigue when done.

And finally I was trying to make some macros that would show players one thing and the GM something else. The case is that I want to Hide my character's int from the other players but not have it screw up rolls so I need the GM to know the real stat.

Thanks in advance for any help.

paulstrait
Dragon

Re: A few Q's, & Rage Macro

Post by paulstrait »

I know that pulling the AC from the token being targetted is possible because some advanced frameworks (e.g., macropolicebox, rumble slim, rumble, and probably some others) can do this. But having used those frameworks for years, I can also say that however it is done is really complicated and I'm still not sure how it worked. Or maybe it isn't that complicated, for all I know. But I'm pretty sure it would require something a bit larger in scope than just a single macro you can write on your token. If words like json don't scare you, I'd suggest donwloading one of those frameworks and trying to figure out how they do it.

As for the Rage macro, that sounds pretty simple. What problem are you having with writing it? One of my players plays a barbarian (5e). Here are the macros he uses (note that you will need the GM to create a few properties and a state for you):

Start Rage

<div style="background-color: #AA2222; color: #FFFFFF; padding-top:2px; padding-bottom:5px; padding-left:8px; padding-right:8px;">
<b>{if(Rage>0,"Rage","Chill Out")}</b>
<div style="background-color:#FFFFFF; color: #000000; padding:2px;">
<div style="background-color:#DDDDDD; color: #000000; padding:2px; margin-bottom:-5px;">
<i>{if(Rage>0,"Rautt feels angry... You wouldn't like him...","Rautt sighs...")}</i>
</div>
{if(Rage>0,"<b>Bonus Action:</b> Enter a rage (twice per day). Lasts 1 minute or until unconscious or if you have not attacked or taken damage since your last turn. <br>
Gain advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.<br>
+2 bonus to damage rolls with Strength attacks.<br>
Gain resistance to bludgeoning piercing, and slashing damage.","Rautt isn't feeling so angry anymore, so he chills out.")}<br>
[h:setState("Rage", if(Rage>0,1,0))]
[h:RageDmg=if(Rage>0,'{Max(ceiling((level-1)/7)+1,2)}',0)]
<b>Rages Remaining:</b> [Rage= max(Rage - 1, 0)]
</div>
</div>

End Rage

<div style="background-color: #AA2222; color: #FFFFFF; padding-top:2px; padding-bottom:5px; padding-left:8px; padding-right:8px;">
<b>End of Rage</b>
<div style="background-color:#FFFFFF; color: #000000; padding:2px;">
<div style="background-color:#DDDDDD; color: #000000; padding:2px; margin-bottom:-5px;">
<i>A sudden calmness overtakes Rautt's face.</i>
</div>
Rautt's rage has ended.<br>
[h:Frenzying=getState("Curse:Red")]
[h:Exhaustion=if(Frenzying==1,Exhaustion+1,Exhaustion)]
[h:setState("NegMod",if(Exhaustion>=1,1,0))]
[h:setState("Curse:Red",0)]
<b>Exhaustion: </b>
{if(Exhaustion==0,"No effects.","")}
{if(Exhaustion>=1,"• Disadvantage on ability checks","")}
{if(Exhaustion>=2,"<br>                      • Speed halved","")}
{if(Exhaustion>=3,"<br>                      • Disadvantage on attack rolls and saving throws","")}
{if(Exhaustion>=4,"<br>                      • Hit point maximum halved","")} {if(Exhaustion>=5,"<br>                      • Speed reduced to 0","")}
{if(Exhaustion>=6,"<br>                      • Death","")}
</div>
</div>
[h:setState("Rage", 0)]
[h:RageDmg=0]

As for disguising your int, I think the easiest way to solve this is to ask your GM to make ability stats only visible to the owner of a token. This makes sense in that you wouldn't just know someone's intelligence score by looking at them, and there is no reason why that should be common knowledge. Your GM will just need to put a @ in front of the ability scores in the token properties.

Return to “Requests for HELLLLP!”