Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:42 pm 

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Kobold

Post subject: Final Fantasy RPG 3.0 Framework
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:44 am 
I saw some cool and amazing framworks, specially for D&D and i'd like to do something for Final Fantasy RPG 3.0
Unfortunatelly i'm a girl who's not good at programing these things, and i didnt find anything posted here.
Does anyone have it done or can help me?

Thanks

User avatar  Offline
Deity

Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy RPG 3.0 Framework
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:11 am 
Hello ferparker, welcome to the rptools forum.

you're not the first to try this: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=21953&p=245125&hilit=+final+fantasy+#p245125

how it roughly works (that is, what we advise most new people here (which is what we ourselves have gone through)):
1 first get to know maptool, just use it as a battle map to move tokens around, maybe add some light and vbl later on. nothing more.
2 then start using some dice commands e.g. [1d100] rolls a 1d100, [3d10+3] rolls 3d10 and adds 3. when your comfortable with that
3 then you can start creating your first macros. simple ones contain text only and perhaps a dice roll e.g. this is a macro:
Code:
as you enter the forest you notice [8d4] eyes staring at you.

4 after that you can check the 'apply to selected token on' and you add some properties to a token (like strength, toughness,dexterity etc.). and your macros become:
Code:
you step on a trap. you roll [1d20+dexterity]

5 and then roll options, variables and branching comes in:
Code:
you step on a trap. you roll [h:result = 1d20+dexterity] [r,if(result > 10, "you succeed", "you fail")] the test.

etc.
6. by now you slowly start entering the world of frameworks.

so what step are you currently at?
in the mean time you can check out the link in my sig.

also if you have any questions: ask them on this forum.

My stuff
Excel Tools: Table and Light editors
MT Tools: Bag of Tricks: Tools for Maptool, Dungeon Builder I, Dungeon Builder II,onMouseOverEvent and
DPI.
Frameworks: Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Only War, SET Card Game, RoboRally
Wiki: Debugging Tutorial, Speed Up Your Macros, Working With Two CODE Levels, Shortcut Keys, Avoiding Stack Overflow, READ THIS

Kobold

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:21 pm 
Hi there^^
Thanks for answering :D

Well, i know some things about macros, rolls, lights, VBL and everything u mentioned from 1 to 5.
The the main character sheet i've changed to add all the new Attributes and Skills, MP and everything else. But i lack in the design thing...
I saw some incredible sheets, full of things and different styles. This is what i want to learn, to reach a deeper level of sheet customizations...

User avatar  Offline
Deity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:16 am 
ferparker wrote:
Hi there^^
Thanks for answering :D

Well, i know some things about macros, rolls, lights, VBL and everything u mentioned from 1 to 5.
The the main character sheet i've changed to add all the new Attributes and Skills, MP and everything else. But i lack in the design thing...
I saw some incredible sheets, full of things and different styles. This is what i want to learn, to reach a deeper level of sheet customizations...

then your timing is a bit off...currently MTb91 has issues in java 8 when you use more than 7 styles. This will get fixed but for now it either means using j7 or less than 8 styles.

As for design... I've done some sheets myself and I find it a pain. For one current mt can only handle html 3(?) which means that a lot is not available.
Most though is tables, coloring and images. So if you get that down, you can design most things.

My stuff
Excel Tools: Table and Light editors
MT Tools: Bag of Tricks: Tools for Maptool, Dungeon Builder I, Dungeon Builder II,onMouseOverEvent and
DPI.
Frameworks: Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Only War, SET Card Game, RoboRally
Wiki: Debugging Tutorial, Speed Up Your Macros, Working With Two CODE Levels, Shortcut Keys, Avoiding Stack Overflow, READ THIS

Kobold

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:18 pm 
Any luck with this? I too have been seeking an FFRPG Framework or at this the basis for which I can expand. I used to tinker with Maptool a few years ago but I haven't touched it since and I feel I've forgotten how everything works :/

Kobold

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:45 pm 
Meduna wrote:
Any luck with this? I too have been seeking an FFRPG Framework or at this the basis for which I can expand. I used to tinker with Maptool a few years ago but I haven't touched it since and I feel I've forgotten how everything works :/

No, nothing at all...
It seems like no one here likes FFRPG :( :'(

Kobold

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:22 pm 
I do! I've just starting working on a framework myself for FFRPG. I made a really good one for Jovian Chronicles at one point but I lost it so I can't even use that as a guideline :(

Kobold

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:26 pm 
Perhaps we can work together on this. Us girls should stick together :)

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]