Final Fantasy RPG 3.0 Framework

If you have searched the other User Creations subforums and an answer to your question has not been found, please post here!

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

ferparker
Kobold

Final Fantasy RPG 3.0 Framework

Post by ferparker »

I saw some cool and amazing framworks, specially for D&D and i'd like to do something for Final Fantasy RPG 3.0
Unfortunatelly i'm a girl who's not good at programing these things, and i didnt find anything posted here.
Does anyone have it done or can help me?

Thanks

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Final Fantasy RPG 3.0 Framework

Post by wolph42 »

Hello ferparker, welcome to the rptools forum.

you're not the first to try this: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... y+#p245125

how it roughly works (that is, what we advise most new people here (which is what we ourselves have gone through)):
1 first get to know maptool, just use it as a battle map to move tokens around, maybe add some light and vbl later on. nothing more.
2 then start using some dice commands e.g. [1d100] rolls a 1d100, [3d10+3] rolls 3d10 and adds 3. when your comfortable with that
3 then you can start creating your first macros. simple ones contain text only and perhaps a dice roll e.g. this is a macro:

Code: Select all

as you enter the forest you notice [8d4] eyes staring at you.
4 after that you can check the 'apply to selected token on' and you add some properties to a token (like strength, toughness,dexterity etc.). and your macros become:

you step on a trap. you roll [1d20+dexterity] 
5 and then roll options, variables and branching comes in:

you step on a trap. you roll [h:result = 1d20+dexterity] [r,if(result > 10, "you succeed", "you fail")] the test.
etc.
6. by now you slowly start entering the world of frameworks.

so what step are you currently at?
in the mean time you can check out the link in my sig.

also if you have any questions: ask them on this forum.

ferparker
Kobold

Post by ferparker »

Hi there^^
Thanks for answering :D

Well, i know some things about macros, rolls, lights, VBL and everything u mentioned from 1 to 5.
The the main character sheet i've changed to add all the new Attributes and Skills, MP and everything else. But i lack in the design thing...
I saw some incredible sheets, full of things and different styles. This is what i want to learn, to reach a deeper level of sheet customizations...

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

ferparker wrote:Hi there^^
Thanks for answering :D

Well, i know some things about macros, rolls, lights, VBL and everything u mentioned from 1 to 5.
The the main character sheet i've changed to add all the new Attributes and Skills, MP and everything else. But i lack in the design thing...
I saw some incredible sheets, full of things and different styles. This is what i want to learn, to reach a deeper level of sheet customizations...
then your timing is a bit off...currently MTb91 has issues in java 8 when you use more than 7 styles. This will get fixed but for now it either means using j7 or less than 8 styles.

As for design... I've done some sheets myself and I find it a pain. For one current mt can only handle html 3(?) which means that a lot is not available.
Most though is tables, coloring and images. So if you get that down, you can design most things.

Meduna
Kobold

Post by Meduna »

Any luck with this? I too have been seeking an FFRPG Framework or at this the basis for which I can expand. I used to tinker with Maptool a few years ago but I haven't touched it since and I feel I've forgotten how everything works :/

ferparker
Kobold

Post by ferparker »

Meduna wrote:Any luck with this? I too have been seeking an FFRPG Framework or at this the basis for which I can expand. I used to tinker with Maptool a few years ago but I haven't touched it since and I feel I've forgotten how everything works :/
No, nothing at all...
It seems like no one here likes FFRPG :( :'(

Meduna
Kobold

Post by Meduna »

I do! I've just starting working on a framework myself for FFRPG. I made a really good one for Jovian Chronicles at one point but I lost it so I can't even use that as a guideline :(

Meduna
Kobold

Post by Meduna »

Perhaps we can work together on this. Us girls should stick together :)

Return to “Requests for HELLLLP!”