Looking for help writing an open framework

If you have searched the other User Creations subforums and an answer to your question has not been found, please post here!

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Guardian
Kobold

Looking for help writing an open framework

Post by Guardian »

Hello, I've been watching the forums for a little bit now and decided to join up, because I was told that the community is super helpful. I've been designing part of a framework and am looking for others to help out/contribute.

The framework is going to be designed with these objectives in mind:

Fully Open Ended Framework: What this means, is that the GM/DM has full control of how powers, items, and abilities (think feats) work. The players and the GM will work together to establish what mechanics their character is going to have. For example, lets say that there is an item, that lets the PC cast a spell every time in addition to whatever spell they have cast for free when they have the item equipped. I need the framework to be ultra flexible to add unique effects to the system on the fly.

Resource Based: Every character has a resource that they come into being with. Think fury or mana. When the character reaches a certain level of resource, there is also a trigger that is supposed to happen(think a fighter reaching 10/10 fury and getting 2 free power usages) to reward diverse character play styles.

AP Based: AP is a measure of how much you can do in a round. For a character who has 5AP, they would be able to swing once, and that is their turn. For a character who has 7AP, they can do more in a round. It is a direct measure of how reactive a character is vs. time.

Inventory Friendly: So the idea is that you can "equip" certain items to certain spaces, to gain their effects, or be able to "use" items from the inventory to gain their effects, as well as track everything that you have. Pretty self explanatory I think.

Is this framework design even possible to build?
If anyone is interested in looking into something like this, please let me know.
I'm willing to share all the assets I have so far on the project to anyone who wants to look.

Thank you and have a great day.

Return to “Requests for HELLLLP!”