token size and Token type settings

If you have searched the other User Creations subforums and an answer to your question has not been found, please post here!

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

bobifle
Giant

token size and Token type settings

Post by bobifle »

Hello,

I'm currently generating all SRD monsters tokens using an online RESTful api to get the data from (namely http://www.dnd5eapi.co).

Because I know nothing about java, I'm using python to morph the json data into token xml, zipping all the content into a rptok file.

So far so good, I'm pretty much done, 326 Fully statblock-ed & macro-ed tokens without sweating 8)

There's 2 issues I'm running into right now:
  • * the token size setting
    * the token type setting

Token Size

The token size seems not be set using a standard property, but is using some kind of squaregrid guid.

Code: Select all

<sizeMap>
    <entry>
      <java-class>net.rptools.maptool.model.SquareGrid</java-class>
      <net.rptools.maptool.model.GUID>
        <baGUID>fwABAc5lFSoDAAAAKgABAA==</baGUID>
      </net.rptools.maptool.model.GUID>
    </entry>
  </sizeMap>
I have found all the guids for all sizes, and can set it accordingly, however I'm afraid this guid may become invalid between different campaign and / or Maptool version.

Does anyone know how to set in the token xml file the size in a reliable way ?

Token type Setting

I'm currently using the 'NPC' type from the dnd 5 framework. Ultimately, I'd like to use my own token type, however token type are manage as campaign properties and it seems there's no way to import just 1 type...

I was thinking about providing a macro in each token to add the correct token type, but I'm not sure it's even possible.

Any insight is most welcome !

Return to “Requests for HELLLLP!”