4E Framework Build w/ Drop-In Plugins

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

neofax
Great Wyrm

4E Framework Build w/ Drop-In Plugins

Post by neofax »

I am going to start working on a 4E framework that allows the DM/Player customization of how the framework looks and acts. It will have the ability for anyone to write their own template for powers and such and drop it in and the framework uses that to display, attack rolls, damage rolls, skill checks, character sheet and such.

So, seeing as this and many other User Creations are actually drop-in resources, I asked Azhrei to start this sub-forum.
Last edited by wolph42 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved out of the drop-in section as it clearly does not contain a drop-in

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: 4E Framework Build w/ Drop-In Plugins

Post by Azhrei »

The goal is for this to be the location for anything which isn't specific to a particular game system. Examples include the Universal Inventory system, the MoveToMap utility, the outputTo() macro set (including pause() and debug()), and so on.

Those are all examples of extremely useful tools that are not frameworks for a particular game system but are designed to be dropped into any game.

If you have something which is not a framework (doesn't try to implement all of the rules for running a game) consider putting it here. There will undoubtedly be some cross-over between this forum and the Campaign Framework forum. But think of this forum as being the parts bin for an after-market car tuner, while the stock vehicles from the big brands are in the other forum. 8) (Not a perfect analogy, but not bad either. :))

Please put in the title any considerations for use as neofax has done here by mentioning that his goal is for a "meta framework" -- a framework that allows for the creation of other frameworks, targeted at 4e. Sort of the same idea as the Universal Inventory system but for powers instead of equipment...

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Yeah, which he more eloquently puts it. :lol:
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Malekith
Giant

Post by Malekith »

great :D
Just wondering if there would be a way to implement the Drop-In creations (both those out and about already and those to be created) into the resources downloader like the art packs.
Now I know a few of them require changes to campaign props or tables, etc. but most of the Drop-Ins AFAICT are based on tokens which could be easily downloaded through the same method/a similar method to the artpacks that came with b60, and anything that isn't easily stored on a token could be given to the user in the form of an info token with notes about how to install any other parts (an include links).
Not sure if this is planned anyway but it's just an Idea that came to me and I thought I'd share it :D

Mal
Mal

Kiyosa
Kobold

Post by Kiyosa »

Can we delete this thread, or move it somewhere else where it can shuffle down the pages naturally?

I think people click here expecting some form of product or download, but there is only a few lines of discussion of the forum and some planning.

Return to “User Creations”