working on face tokens

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Geroblue
Cave Troll

working on face tokens

Post by Geroblue »

I have Campaign Cartographer 3 and Character Artist Pro.

Looked at making some face front tokens. Making the bmp/jpgs was easy.

I've downloaded gimp, just need to learn how to make the ring and transparency so they can be used in maptools.

Some jpgs below on some of what I created so far. Basically they are faces, then I can add helms, hair, eyes, with the ability to color each. About 6 helm types, various mustaches and beards, a number of hair styles for both male and female. Profantasy is aobut to put out an upgrade to Character Artist, butn o details yet, jsut a wish list from us users.

Takes about 3-5 minutes to make each face in the above software. I'm not sure howl ong gimp will take.

If someone has a tutorial for taking jpgs and making tokens out of the bmps, please let me know.

Thanks.
Attachments
pog25b.jpg
pog25b.jpg (4.48 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
pog25a.jpg
pog25a.jpg (4.65 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
pog03a.jpg
pog03a.jpg (5.46 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
pog02a.jpg
pog02a.jpg (5.24 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
'thru the thorns to the stars' One version of a phrase from the 'Ghost in the Shell' Anime.

My Crestar site has over a thousand free maps of various sizes; continents, islands, nations, cities, towns, villages, inns, peoples, some mysteries, and several adventures from the short to the many hundreds of rooms types. Menus fixed June 8, 2012.

My Starship Wanderer site. Only a few maps.

Esheon
Giant

Re: working on face tokens

Post by Esheon »

Well, there are a couple of good overlay tutorials in the TokenTool forums...

Paint Shop Pro and GIMP
Photoshop

In terms of making the token out of the jpg, You can just crop it in GIMP to around 200x200 pixels and drop it into TokenTool.

Lately I've been using the Neverwinter Nights 2 Toolset to design a character in 3d, take top-down & front-side screenshots, crop and add transparency in GIMP, and then use them as top-down tokens with portraits on the statsheet. The tokens look pretty good (though I save those at around 600x600 pixels). I started that after a week of searching failed to turn up a decent female teifling topdown that I needed for a recurring villain.

Geroblue
Cave Troll

Post by Geroblue »

I was able to use the token tool and make some tokens from those jpgs.

The original jpgs need to be re-sized that they work better. But it looks like I have a start.
'thru the thorns to the stars' One version of a phrase from the 'Ghost in the Shell' Anime.

My Crestar site has over a thousand free maps of various sizes; continents, islands, nations, cities, towns, villages, inns, peoples, some mysteries, and several adventures from the short to the many hundreds of rooms types. Menus fixed June 8, 2012.

Geroblue
Cave Troll

Post by Geroblue »

I'll work on more as I have time. I'm not an artist, so I'll be using Profantasy's Character Artist to make the face tokens. Using the export headshots, and tokentool, seems a fairly easy method for me to make this with.

I'll post when I get them done, probably next month. I'll put them both on my album here and on my web site in my .sig.

edit:

almost forgot. I realize some of the ones I posted need work.

Return to “User Creations”