Notepad++ Maptool Text Editor config file [UPDATE: 5/31/12]

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Notepad++ Maptool Text Editor config file [UPDATE: 11/7]

Post by aliasmask »

Ack! I recommend using the Autosave plug-in. Notepad++ is pretty good about not crashing, but sometimes it does. I think my recent crash may be related to the auto-complete, so I'm just using the function completion, but turning of the automatic function hint. I just hit ctrl-shift-space if I want to see the hint.

I just lost the starting development of the button editor, but only like 30 min of work. My autosave is set to every 5 min now, just in case this happens again.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Notepad++ Maptool Text Editor config file [UPDATE: 11/7]

Post by aliasmask »

Here's a very useful Notepad++ Macro you can use. Copy the "Copy Block" tag in to your Macros tag in shortcuts.xml in your ApplicationData/Notepad++ directory:

Copy Block:

Code: Select all

<Macros>
        <Macro name="Copy Block" Ctrl="yes" Alt="no" Shift="yes" Key="67">
            <Action type="0" message="2451" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="" />
            <Action type="0" message="2332" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="" />
            <Action type="2" message="0" wParam="43026" lParam="0" sParam="" />
            <Action type="2" message="0" wParam="44030" lParam="0" sParam="" />
            <Action type="0" message="2306" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="" />
            <Action type="0" message="2304" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="" />
            <Action type="0" message="2453" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="" />
            <Action type="0" message="2301" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="" />
            <Action type="0" message="2178" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="" />
            <Action type="0" message="2304" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="" />
            <Action type="2" message="0" wParam="44031" lParam="0" sParam="" />
            <Action type="2" message="0" wParam="43041" lParam="0" sParam="" />
            <Action type="2" message="0" wParam="43032" lParam="0" sParam="" />
            <Action type="0" message="2451" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="" />
        </Macro>
    </Macros>
Or if you don't already have custom macros you can just copy this file to your Application Data/Notepad++ directory as shortcuts.xml.

TO USE MACRO: shift-ctrl-C

The only requirement is that you have the cursor somewhere in the collapsible block of text you want to copy. This makes it real easy to copy your current text in to RPedit. I'm using the latest version of Notepad++ and I don't know will happen if you use an older version... but it'll probably work.
Attachments
shortcuts.xml
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 224 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Notepad++ Maptool Text Editor config file [UPDATE: 11/20

Post by aliasmask »

I just updated all maptool.xml and userDefineLang.xml with new keywords, functions, prefixes and common words.

Go to Original Post for files.

Telarus
Giant

Post by Telarus »

Thanks for this. It's a great resource, and is preventing my Earthdawn 3rd Ed framework from dying of neglect.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Glad to hear it. I put this all together for my own selfish reasons, but I'm happy to share with those around me.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Notepad++ Maptool Text Editor config file [UPDATE: 11/28

Post by aliasmask »

I just added the resources needed to get the spell checker to work. I don't need it very often while coding, but it's nice to have when I do. See original post for the 2 file downloads. If you work in non-english, you can download the first link and click 3rd link for a different dictionary language download.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Notepad++ Maptool Text Editor config file [UPDATE: 12/2]

Post by aliasmask »

I totally missed a thread about modifying Maptool's interface so the edit pane can show larger text. I added a file and directions in the OP to make the edit pane font larger and bold. I also included a pet peeve fix with button margin spacing and reduce it from 12px to 4px. Looks good and doesn't take up all that darn space.

A link to the TinyLaF thread by JonathanTheBlack is also in the OP if you want to make your own changes.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

Quick question on the theme put up.

Do all the clients also have to have this theme installed in their maptool directory? If I design forms and such using your 4px spacing will the connected users see it as 4px or 12px?

It does look alot better by the way.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Yes, you'll have to have your clients download the theme as well for them to see it correctly.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Sir Flak wrote:Do all the clients also have to have this theme installed in their maptool directory?
Yes. Everything that isn't part of the campaign is local to the machine: TinyLAF theme, global macros, preferences, resource library, etc.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: Notepad++ Maptool Text Editor config file [UPDATE: 2/26]

Post by neofax »

@Aliasmask: I am at work and cannot access your SugarSync account. Anyway of getting these placed somewhere else like the gallery?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

neofax wrote:@Aliasmask: I am at work and cannot access your SugarSync account. Anyway of getting these placed somewhere else like the gallery?
With the exception of the Aspell files, they are pretty small files. I added them to the first post in a zip file.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Thanks! Works perfect on my portable install. Just had to change the fonts from Arial to Consolas to get to a mono-spaced font. Would use Droid-Mono, but can't install it here.

Sydious
Giant

Post by Sydious »

I have decided to try NP++ out for codeing Maptool macros. Looks like it will make it easier.

I decided to use the .zip install.

I am attempting to place the userDefineLang.xml and shortcuts.xml files in the locations you instructed, but I do not have a notepad++ folder in the application data folder. I assume it's becuase I am using the zip version that I unziped to a flash drive. I can run notepad++ from the drive, but don't know where I need to place these files now. Any idea?

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Sydious wrote:I have decided to try NP++ out for codeing Maptool macros. Looks like it will make it easier.

I decided to use the .zip install.

I am attempting to place the userDefineLang.xml and shortcuts.xml files in the locations you instructed, but I do not have a notepad++ folder in the application data folder. I assume it's becuase I am using the zip version that I unziped to a flash drive. I can run notepad++ from the drive, but don't know where I need to place these files now. Any idea?
If you can wait until Monday, I will let you know. I use the portable version of Notepad++ on my PC at work. Since we have standardized systems that the main IT office enforces. So I am not allowed to install stuff on it, but I use this program for almost any text work I do. If you get the portable version, there is a special folder made that notepad++ looks for inside the directory where the exe is run. If this is there, it will use the files from that folder, if not, it will look in the usual places.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Return to “User Creations”