Notepad++ Maptool Text Editor config file [UPDATE: 5/31/12]

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Sydious
Giant

Re: Notepad++ Maptool Text Editor config file [UPDATE: 2/26]

Post by Sydious »

neofax wrote:
Sydious wrote:I have decided to try NP++ out for codeing Maptool macros. Looks like it will make it easier.

I decided to use the .zip install.

I am attempting to place the userDefineLang.xml and shortcuts.xml files in the locations you instructed, but I do not have a notepad++ folder in the application data folder. I assume it's becuase I am using the zip version that I unziped to a flash drive. I can run notepad++ from the drive, but don't know where I need to place these files now. Any idea?
If you can wait until Monday, I will let you know. I use the portable version of Notepad++ on my PC at work. Since we have standardized systems that the main IT office enforces. So I am not allowed to install stuff on it, but I use this program for almost any text work I do. If you get the portable version, there is a special folder made that notepad++ looks for inside the directory where the exe is run. If this is there, it will use the files from that folder, if not, it will look in the usual places.
Monday is fine. i will keep looking this weekend in the meantime. thanks!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Yeah, I would just try to put them in notepad install directory if you don't have an applications data area. They share a couple of filenames, so that is your best bet.

Jacklifear
Cave Troll

Post by Jacklifear »

While it might be "obvious" for others, I just want to confirm. Does this mean that you add "notepad++" functionality into the macro editor of Maptools, Or does this mean that you can edit macros in Notepad++ so you don't have to constantly right click on macros and edit them?

Just want some clarity.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Jacklifear wrote:While it might be "obvious" for others, I just want to confirm. Does this mean that you add "notepad++" functionality into the macro editor of Maptools, Or does this mean that you can edit macros in Notepad++ so you don't have to constantly right click on macros and edit them?

Just want some clarity.
The second one. I also have a macro in Notepad++ that allows you to copy a macro block, with formatting, to RPEdit for ease of updating. Most of my updating consist of me making a change in notepad++, hitting shift-ctrl-c, clicking on the open rpedit window for lib token, pasting and hitting the save button. Very quick and easy to do updates.

Jacklifear
Cave Troll

Post by Jacklifear »

Aliasmark, if I had an extra midget available, I'd send him to your leg to hump it. I'll work on integrating this right now. FANTASTIC!

Telarus
Giant

Post by Telarus »

Jacklifear wrote:Aliasmark, if I had an extra midget available, I'd send him to your leg to hump it. I'll work on integrating this right now. FANTASTIC!
Yeah, that's been my whole workflow while building my Earthdawn framework. Couldn't have done it without RP Edit!!!!

(23000 lines of code :shock: I'm a little shocked at myself.... :lol: )

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

A few questions:

1) Is there a way to swap black and white (for black background and white text) when using the maptool language setting?

2) And is there a way to make Notepad load the Maptool language by default?

3) The "Change the button text spacing on buttons from 12px to 4px for a better look" part of the default theme does not appear to be fully working in b87.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Full Bleed wrote:A few questions:

1) Is there a way to swap black and white (for black background and white text) when using the maptool language setting?

2) And is there a way to make Notepad load the Maptool language by default?

3) The "Change the button text spacing on buttons from 12px to 4px for a better look" part of the default theme does not appear to be fully working in b87.
1) That would be apart of the style configurator and I don't know of a way to add a new language to that list. MapTool uses the global setting and if you change those, it will change it for MapTool.

2) The language is dependent upon the extension. I updated my local file to use mt and txt in the userDefineLang.xml file "<UserLang name="maptool" ext="mt txt">". So, when I save it as txt or mt, it changes the format automatically. I don't know a way to change the default "default" which I believe starts off as "Normal Text".

3) It works for me, so I think you may mean a different button. I'm talking about form input submit buttons when doing html forms.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

aliasmask wrote:1) That would be apart of the style configurator and I don't know of a way to add a new language to that list. MapTool uses the global setting and if you change those, it will change it for MapTool.
How do I individually change the global settings to, for example, change the color that "state", "macro", and numbers are when using the maptool language?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Full Bleed wrote:
aliasmask wrote:1) That would be apart of the style configurator and I don't know of a way to add a new language to that list. MapTool uses the global setting and if you change those, it will change it for MapTool.
How do I individually change the global settings to, for example, change the color that "state", "macro", and numbers are when using the maptool language?
Do you mean the colors of keywords, symbols and numbers. That's apart of the user-defined definitions. Go to View | User-defined Dialog, select maptool and then you can change stuff.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

aliasmask wrote:Do you mean the colors of keywords, symbols and numbers. That's apart of the user-defined definitions. Go to View | User-defined Dialog, select maptool and then you can change stuff.
Yes, that's what I was looking for! Thanks. :)

Nin
Cave Troll

Post by Nin »

Could someone please tell me where to place the files in Notepad++Portable?

Code: Select all

Notepad++Portable
- App
-- AppInfo
--- DefaultData
---- settings
----- plugins
------ Config
------- tidy
- Data
-- setting
--- plugins