Generic E1 - E3

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Blakey
Dragon

Generic E1 - E3

Post by Blakey »

Hello all you module makers out there!

My current 4E campaign has reached 16th level. I'm running my party through SCAP, converted to 4E and using my very hacked version of Veggie's framework. I own wizards modules E1 to E3 and plan on taking my party though them when they reach 21st level at the end of SCAP. So, I have a plan over the next few months to create E1, E2 and E3 in MapTool.

Now, I appreciate that a version of E1-E3 that uses my personal framework is absolutely zero help to anyone else out there, BUT I figure I could make "generic" versions of E1-3 that anyone could use. All I'm talking about here are creating maps, adding VBL and then providing tokens for all the NPCs. But these tokens will be set up as "basic" tokens and there will be no special campaign settings set up at all. It will all be vanilla MT.

Such a campaign could be taken by any MT user and made into a framework specific version (such as Veggies or Rumbles) by simply Importing the right framework, adding the right Lib: tokens and then updating the monster tokens with the right values. Okay, not a trivial task but certainly one which would be easier than doing the whole thing from scratch.

So, what I'm wondering is: does anyone out there have an interest in collaborating with me on this? Has anyone already started (even if you're using a framework I can easily strip it out)? Let me know if you're interested by posting here!

Cheers
Blakey
The guy in the green hat.

barinax
Giant

Re: Generic E1 - E3

Post by barinax »

Blakey wrote: So, what I'm wondering is: does anyone out there have an interest in collaborating with me on this? Has anyone already started (even if you're using a framework I can easily strip it out)? Let me know if you're interested by posting here!

Cheers
Blakey
I am both interested and have most of the maps for Trollhaunt (which I scavenged from Cart's Guild) already in a campaign file already set for vision blocking. However, I am missing all of the poster maps. I lack the mapping ability and don't have a scanner big enough.

I need all monster tokens. If you could work on creating the monster tokens, I can just add them into the maps where appropriate. I have a basic frameworks I created myself based off of TK's tokens, so if you wanted to create the tokens blank whomever can just add their attributes and attacks.

I need the maps for the following encounters:

W11: The Crow Cage Cavern
W12: The throne Cavern
R3: Airborne Assault
R4: Wall Siege
R5: Blightborn Invaders
C1: Cliffside Portal

barinax
Giant

Post by barinax »

Oh wait, you said E1-E3, I am still on P1. Never mind.

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

I was getting all excited for a moment then! :)

Just been over to the Wizards page and downloaded the latest copies of the E1 maps - they all still have the letters for monster placements on them so are no use to us. I was really hoping they would have VTT compatible versions out by now.

Options then appear to be:

1. Redraw all the maps by hand in MT.
2. Hack the DM only maps in GIMP or other software to take out the token positions.

Neither of these is massively appealing to me!

I'm going to try over at Dundinni and see if anyone has redone the maps there. Anyone else know where redrawn maps might be found?

Blakey

barinax
Giant

Post by barinax »

Blakey wrote:I was getting all excited for a moment then! :)

Just been over to the Wizards page and downloaded the latest copies of the E1 maps - they all still have the letters for monster placements on them so are no use to us. I was really hoping they would have VTT compatible versions out by now.

Options then appear to be:

1. Redraw all the maps by hand in MT.
2. Hack the DM only maps in GIMP or other software to take out the token positions.

Neither of these is massively appealing to me!

I'm going to try over at Dundinni and see if anyone has redone the maps there. Anyone else know where redrawn maps might be found?

Blakey
Yes. Try cartographer's guild forums. That's where I found all the Trollhaunt stuff.

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

barinax wrote:Yes. Try cartographer's guild forums. That's where I found all the Trollhaunt stuff.
Just did and some kind chap there is going to make them in the next few weeks. I'll post progress here.

barinax
Giant

Post by barinax »

Blakey wrote:
barinax wrote:Yes. Try cartographer's guild forums. That's where I found all the Trollhaunt stuff.
Just did and some kind chap there is going to make them in the next few weeks. I'll post progress here.
Yeah, Neonknight is awesome! He did all the Trollhaunt maps. Note that he will NOT create the maps included with the module on the poster maps (at least he didn't with me). This is his way of ensuring that you own the module. Kind of stinks since I play 100% online and the poster map doesn't do me any good online, but he's still awesome.

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

That's good to know.

The poster map is available from the wizards download anyway so I already have that - although it's pretty terrible resolution for use in MT as a big combat map. I might have to do that myself in MT - easy enough to replicate even if the quality will be shocking if I do it. :(

Blakey

Fobbo
Giant

Post by Fobbo »

Blakey, I would be very interested in your 4e conversion of SCAP you wouldn't by chance have a conversion doc and or maptools campaigns for them.

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

Hi Fobbo,

Well, yeah, sort of. I'll zip up what I have and stick them on my web page for downloading. It will take me a while to get it all together though and looking at my site now it's running really slowly so it might take a long time to upload all the files.

I'll post here when it's done...

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

It's done. I've given it its own thread so as not to derail this one.

Cheers
Blakey

Wonko the Sane
Kobold

Post by Wonko the Sane »

For the record, the maps for E1-E3 are made. They can be downloaded from The Cartographer's Guild forum here, or in one big .zip file:

E1 - E3, with Grid: http://www.mediafire.com/?uqty3yy5dzo
E1 - E3, without Grid: http://www.mediafire.com/?emdn24kmdny

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

Just to let everyone know that I've now completed doing the MapTool preparation of my campaign up to the end of 20th level and so the next thing I need to do is start work on putting E1 into MapTool.

I've downloaded all the AMAZING maps that Wonko created and am going to start sticking them into MT soon - hoping to make a start this weekend.

I'll be using my own Framework, utilizing my TokenMaker program to make the monster tokens but when I'm done I'll post the campaigns here for anyone to grab. To make direct use of them as they are you'll need to use my TokenMaker program to make your PC tokens.

Cheers
Blakey

P.S. Another massive thanks to Wonko for a great job well done.

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

I've made a start on E1 today. Done the first 8 or so encounters, from A1, all the Z series and up to and including D4.

This campaign is built using my TokenMaker program but all the monsters should be self contained and not need anything special to work.

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

First draft of E1 is finished. Again a big thanks to Wonko for doing all the maps.

This version uses my own Framework and to use it properly you'll need to convert your own PCs to use the same framework which requires PCMaker and a DDi account - with the PCs built using the offline character builder and saved to your local disk.

Campaign location: http://www.rodinia.info/downloads/E1.cmpgn

I'm about to start playing in a brand new Campaign this week which means I probably won't run this adventure for another 6+ months - so it will be a long time before I need to start thinking about E2. Although I might build it just for fun some day before then.

Cheers
Blakey

Return to “User Creations”