The Dead Wood Forest

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

thelevitator
Dragon

The Dead Wood Forest

Post by thelevitator »

I just another huge forest map with LBL trees built into it. This map is about 1060'x1000'. In the center of a lush green forest is a section of forest that was killed by powerful magic. All of the trees are dead, and the ground is barren. The only thing that will grow are a couple of strange reddish plants.

I wanted to share this, but I wasn't sure how to export just this map out of my campaign. I made trunks for the 100's of trees so that it's set up for a couple of exciting chase scenes. I have a screenshot of it, but I'd like to be able to grab the map as a campaign map out of my current campaign and share with anyone that is interested.

Here's a pic of it:

"Neither hexes nor squares can confine me!"

James Anthony
"It's all in your head....."
http://www.spelz.net

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

OK, well I can't put it in the Gallery II because it's too big (over 5Mb). So, I'm hosting on my ftp site for now. You can get it here: http://www.spelz.biz/Dead_Wood_Forest.cmpgn

Please be gentle on the detail. I love pretty maps, but just doing the LBL on this one took over an hour. I am more concerned with the maps being tactical than aesthetically detailed. Feel free to pretty it up, my hands are tired from making all those trunks! :P

James Anthony

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Re: The Dead Wood Forest

Post by trevor »

thelevitator wrote:I wasn't sure how to export just this map out of my campaign.
can't yet, but it's planned. It's kinda tricky with unbounded maps because of figuring out how to create full maps when the map has crazy high resolution.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Dalna
Dragon

Post by Dalna »

If your careful youi can do it my way. I open a campaign, save the campaign in as a different name then just delete the other maps so I just have the one map I want to share. I know this is a pain but it does atleast give you the single map in a campaign file.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Dalna wrote:If your careful youi can do it my way. I open a campaign, save the campaign in as a different name then just delete the other maps so I just have the one map I want to share. I know this is a pain but it does atleast give you the single map in a campaign file.
Oooooh, I get it, the result is to get a campaign with a single map, not a JPG image. Gotcha. Go with Dalna's idea.

Also, I'd like to take this moment to remind everyone that you should regularly back up your campaign files, or copy your campaign file into a new file for each session. It's just safer that way.

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

Dalna wrote:If your careful youi can do it my way. I open a campaign, save the campaign in as a different name then just delete the other maps so I just have the one map I want to share. I know this is a pain but it does atleast give you the single map in a campaign file.
That's how I did it last night, which made me a little nervous since it was kinda late and I was a little tired. I was a little afraid of accidentally screwing up my campaign.

I was just curious for anyone who has played with either of these large forest maps: Are they too big? Are they still playable on most systems? I don't have the most screaming system in the world and they play pretty good on my system (2.8P4, 2GB RAM, ATI9800 All-In-Wonder Pro)

My ultimate goal is to start with single town, make all of the buildings playable and add roofs, then expand outward and create an entire campaign map on a single map. I can't believe how close MT is to realizing that possibility already! :shock:

James Anthony

trevor

Post by trevor »

thelevitator wrote: My ultimate goal is to start with single town, make all of the buildings playable and add roofs, then expand outward and create an entire campaign map on a single map. I can't believe how close MT is to realizing that possibility already! :shock:
That's gonna be sweet !

Return to “User Creations”