DIY - GM RIG for Roleplaying

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Glock-9mm
Giant

Re: DIY - GM RIG for Roleplaying

Post by Glock-9mm »

The Pics I will keep coming :)

JonathanTheBlack... Build it and they will come!
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)
Shooting from the hip... Never the lip!

JonathanTheBlack
Dragon

Post by JonathanTheBlack »

I'm just worried about getting stuck with a bunch of teenagers who don't know crap about roleplaying.

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

Thats really easy to resolve... Have "Interviews" and the ones that your not happy with send them a polite email saying thanks but they don't fit with the mood/theme of your current game. By interview I mean a casual coffee or beer. :)

I have to replace about 1 player a year and thats how I do it. If they pass the Coffee/Beer stage they get a 1 game interview, If they get a green light from my team they are offered a permenant spot, if they don't I send the above email. :)
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

JonathanTheBlack wrote:Newly single...
And it sounds like you'll be staying that way (if you build one of these). :)
Glock-9mm wrote:Thats really easy to resolve... Have "Interviews"
Yep, I do the same thing. Arrange to meet away from my house -- if the person is a kook I don't want them knowing where I live! :shock:

If they pass my initial interview, then they're invited to a game on a "probationary" period. In the first 3 sessions they can leave or we can "uninvite" them, no hard feelings.

I've only ever had to uninvite two people. But there have been 3-4 who decided our gaming style didn't fit theirs and we parted ways.

During the probation I require them to play an existing PC or NPC, although they have a choice from about 3-4 usually. Once they decide they're going to stick around for the long haul, then they can build their own character. But introducing new PCs who only stick around for 1 or 2 sessions is too disruptive.

JonathanTheBlack
Dragon

After the catastrophe that is my ex-girlfriend, I'm just fine with being single for awhile. Going to make sure the next girl I date isn't a psycho-nutjob and at least has some hobbies outside of spending money and reading trashy romance novels.

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

JonathanTheBlack wrote:After the catastrophe that is my ex-girlfriend, I'm just fine with being single for awhile. Going to make sure the next girl I date isn't a psycho-nutjob and at least has some hobbies outside of spending money and reading trashy romance novels.
MMaybe she has a normal sister? :)

On a side pount Im looking at putting on the top in the next few days but I have heat concerns so may only template it up and run some heat tests.
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

More work completed tonight, The front and top went on. The top was a bit crazy to cut but thats all good... Next stage will be the internal pillars :)

---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Ooo, I love it! Looking really nice!

JonathanTheBlack
Dragon

You need to cut a hole on the left or right or both! And use them as built-in dice rolling towers.

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

JonathanTheBlack wrote:You need to cut a hole on the left or right or both! And use them as built-in dice rolling towers.
lol, Yes... or... I could use RP Tools to roll :)
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)

Geokinkladze
Kobold

Post by Geokinkladze »

If you want my 2 cents on the whole girlfriend thing you might want to consider getting married, having kids and getting your eldest into RPG. The wife will surely follow if she's anything like mine :D

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

LOL, Having kids to game is a bit extreme I think1 lol

In other news work will continue on this project this week, I have been stalled because over Christmas I spent my entire holiday redoing two rooms... One of the rooms I redid though was my RPG Room, Thats the room you see in the above photos. I am down to finishing touches in the gaming room now and so planned to kick the GM Rig 1.0 back into action.

I should really hurry up and run the LAN Cable... lol

Anyway, I used the GM Rig extensively over Christmas and discovered that the centre screen heats the top panel up a bit, I have brought a wire mesh bin that I plan to cut up and use to make a mesh vent in the top, After that I will likley put the side cuboards in and then finish it off with Paint and a Wallpapered exterior. The righ handled well in the 16 hours straight gaming session we did so Im happy enough on the testing front.

Then I am moving to the RPG Table project... That should not take that long as I am savaging the retractable table legs off my current RPG Tables and placing them onto a new one, but more on that after I have mocked the concept up on Sketch.

The idea to date is to screw glue a 17mm and 12mm Sheet of CD ply on top of each other after I mill in Cat5 Cable runs. I will also likely put a housing in for the router and power boards but the RPG table should Comfortably hold 8 and when I buy my next wagon I will be able to take it to Conventions... Thats as long as the missus is happy with me buying a small truck. (Truck = WIP, lol)

Anyway, More pics will follow this week. :)

Regards
Glock-9mm (NZ)
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

Heres some pics of it running]

---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Excellent! Thanks for the pics!

I notice you keep your bottle open in a place of prominence, right at the fingertips of your left hand! Good planning! ;)

Return to “User Creations”