Seeking 1E/OD&D/Retro-Clone Framework...

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Flynn
Kobold

Seeking 1E/OD&D/Retro-Clone Framework...

Post by Flynn »

Good Morning, All:

My first post here, but I'm definitely excited about using MapTools. I am seeking a lite D20 framework, particularly something that fits a 1E, OD&D or Retro-Clone system. Does such a framework exist? If so, how can I find it? If not, how would you suggest I go about creating one? Should I take a 3E framework and strip it down, or simply start from scratch?

Thanks in advance for your time.

With Regards,
Flynn

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: Seeking 1E/OD&D/Retro-Clone Framework...

Post by neofax »

There is a microlite FW floating around on here. I think microlite is a old style D&D clone. Also, there is a Hackmaster FW here by Sir Flak, yet again not entirely sure if it is a retro clone.

Flynn
Kobold

Post by Flynn »

neofax wrote:There is a microlite FW floating around on here. I think microlite is a old style D&D clone. Also, there is a Hackmaster FW here by Sir Flak, yet again not entirely sure if it is a retro clone.
I could probably start with either of those and go from there. Could someone please point me in the direction of either of these two? I didn't see them in the Framework sticky, but I could easily have missed them without meaning to.

With Regards,
Flynn

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

I made a Microlite20 framework (in french, sorry).
Microlite20 is rulelite and "tends" to the retro clones spirit, although it's not a retroclone rulewise : it doesn't emulates the mechanics of OD&D or BECMI boxes. It's just a really "thin" D02/D&D3 set of rules.
ImageImageImageImage

celestian
Dragon

Post by celestian »

I am currently working on a 1e/OSRIC Framework for AD&D 1e style gameplay. I've got most of the core done just now starting on the fluff like character/monster sheet editors. Monsters can be imported from the OSRIC PDF and the basic combat and saves can be handled with macros.

When I get something more presentable I'll post more info.

notbono
Cave Troll

Post by notbono »

celestian, are you still working on the Osric framework? (I am also interested.)

celestian
Dragon

Post by celestian »

notbono wrote:celestian, are you still working on the Osric framework? (I am also interested.)
I am, I got a lot of the core done but I've been side tracked writting a character creation tool (java). I started it so I could have something to create characters (and eventually monsters) to import into it. The java character creation tool is gonna take a while. I am not hardcoding the classes/races so takes a bit more work. Want people to be able to use any race/class.

Anyway, long project, between work kids and RL it's gonna take me some time.

notbono
Cave Troll

Post by notbono »

I've posted my framework for OSRIC here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&p=251377

We've been using it weekly, so it's got a reasonable level of polish.

Return to “User Creations”