Castles & Crusades framework / macros ?

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Natha
Dragon

Castles & Crusades framework / macros ?

Post by Natha »

I've recently acquired the PHB and Bestiary of the nice "neo retro clone" Castles & Crusades.

And I saw that quite a few groups seem to play online, using MapTool (according to this forum).

So I'm kind of surprised that no framework or at least a few macros have been shared here ?
ImageImageImageImage

gkramer
Kobold

Re: Castles & Crusades framework / macros ?

Post by gkramer »

I ran into the same thing when I was starting a campaign a few months back. I didn't find anything specifically for C&C. So I cobbled together a few loose macros that we use -- certainly not a "framework". Just basic macros for attack rolls (player and NPC/monster), damage dealing, healing, etc. And most of those I built up from other (non-C&C) examples found around. It covers the majority of what we need.

If you're interested in those, I'd be willing to share.

-Greg K

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Hi Greg.

Thank you for responding.

Yes, please share ! :)
ImageImageImageImage

gkramer
Kobold

Post by gkramer »

Sorry it's been so long since I responded, it totally slipped my mind. I've attached my campaign properties (with token types for characters and NPCs, including monsters), and some of the basic macros I use.

I leave the macros at the campaign level rather than attach to each token, and my GM macros I have as globals.

Again, it's not much and all very simple, but it does what I need and allows us flexibility when we need it.

-Greg K
Attachments
global macros.mtmacset
Global Macros
(2.49 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
standard campaign macros V2.mtmacset
Campaign Macros
(2.23 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
standard token properties V2.mtprops
Campaign properties
(11.92 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Thanks, I'll try that.
But in the meantime, I tried the official C&C Ruleset on Fantasy Grounds II and will go with it for a while (until I'am too frustrated by the poor mapping capabilities :mrgreen: )
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “User Creations”