Heroscape 3D PC conversion

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Sir Flak
Dragon

Heroscape 3D PC conversion

Post by Sir Flak »

I've been working on a conversion of Hasbro's Heroscape board game. Its still in its early stages but I've got a few PM's about it so i figured I'd post a link to the download.

Basically the core game rules are implemented. Probably about 1/3 of the figures special abilities are either partially or completely implemented. The interface sux but thats because I've built it to help me debug. Not for user friendlyness. There is no AI or online play yet. I'll get all the figures added and mechanics ironed out first.

If you've played Heroscape before I'd encourage you to try it out.

If you've never played before, you should go out and buy heroscape at your local walmart or wherever. Beware its addicting. :)

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/embed/1602

Dark_Wyvern
Cave Troll

Post by Dark_Wyvern »

My son got it for his birthday last month, but we didn't get a chance to play it much before we had pack up everything and move. Our stuff won't be here for another two months or so; that's problem with moving to another country. The few times we did play was fun though. I am on dial-up at the moment, but when I get DSL (in three weeks :x ) I will be sure to download that game. The screen shots looked really nice.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

That's pretty cool Sir Flak, what are you writing it in ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

mikey
Giant

I own it

Post by mikey »

Actualy I own SEVEN full map building sets! I own all of the boosters upto the latest realease! I own lava packs, ice packs, tree pack, bridge packs, castle packs, large monsters, but I do not have all the flag bearers.

Mikey

voodoo
Dragon

Post by voodoo »

I thought I was the only crackhead on this forum.
Heroscape extensions... I can stop whenever I want...
(and maptool stripped me of my excuse for collecting d&d mini since I can't just pretend it's "for my games")

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

Yeah I have all the expansions except wave 3. They need to do another production run of them so i don't have to pay ebay prices. I'm also missing some promotional guys: Nerak, Sir Hawthorne, etc. I do have plenty of Elite onyx vipers though. My local walmart had plenty of EOV master sets. even a year after they came out :)

I'm writing it in GameMaker. It is basically a premade 2d game engine but has limited 3d functionality. I didn't want to write my own engine so it was easier to use. There are some things that are obnoxious about it, like it doesn't support creating your own datastructures. So i have to do with the ones that come built in.

This is my first attempt at a 3d enviornment so considering that its going well. I sux at modelling so actually there are no models. I'll probably eventually have faux models using lots of frames of 2d pics. Maybe after I finish if i'm feeling more confident I'll rewrite it in C# express using there new game development SDKs.

niinnjjaa
Kobold

Re: Heroscape 3D PC conversion

Post by niinnjjaa »

Has this Project been given up on ID LOVE A FULL Heroscape PC game being as Wizards of the Coast killed the game

Return to “User Creations”