Monsters and Npc's Token pack.

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Felandi
Kobold

Monsters and Npc's Token pack.

Post by Felandi »

http://www.multiupload.com/4TQYG14X7L

I recently got back to the Rp scene and discovered my GM had a shortage of tokens to use as npcs and monsters, so I spent a day and compiled a large stock inventory for campaign usage.
All files herin are from artwork based on Deviantart under the creative commons license.

This means, the artwork is NOT for commercial use in any way, and all works are the intellectual property of their creators. Use them for the enjoyment of you and your group and feel free to visit the artists on deviantart for appreciation.

Each token has a 175x175 base image that can be used as a mouseover portrait for the token.

Most sentient creatures have a silver border token representing an npc. Aswell as a dark green border representing hostile. Many non-sentient creatures, say a basilisk, posess only a hostile token.

This library covers:
Undead creatures
Demonic creatures
Sentient humanoids and outsiders
Humans, Orcs, Halflings, Dwarves, Elves. All in both female and male variations.
Magicians, warriors, hooded cultists. You name it.
Antagonists: Nonspecified creatures that could be considered 'big baddies'
Constructs, aka golems.
Creatures: Snake, boar, bear, dire wolf, basilisk, giant frog and so forth.
Two misc location tokens.

Also included is a transparent 175x175 PNG file. If you drop this file into Tokentool under 'manage overlays' you can use it as a border to create the 175x175 borderless portraits with just Tokentools. Meaning you do not have to resize an image in say photoshop.

Tokentool link: http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=d ... #TokenTool

Enjoy and have fun everyone.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Monsters and Npc's Token pack.

Post by aliasmask »

Thanks for the contribution. These look really well done.

Felandi
Kobold

Post by Felandi »

You are quite welcome, but most credit should go to the original artists on deviantart who were kind enough to share the artwork with everyone on the internet at no commercial benefit. =)

I am constantly updating my library as the campaign runs into encounters where we feel 'wish I had a token for that'. So at some point you can expect this collection to be boosted with even more creatures.

In fact, are there any creatures you feel are missing in this library that you wish to request? Go ahead, ask away. =)

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Can I just check - all the original pieces these tokens derive from were released under a creative commons license? If those CC licenses require attribution, is there a list of the artists somewhere with these tokens?

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

torstan wrote:Can I just check - all the original pieces these tokens derive from were released under a creative commons license? If those CC licenses require attribution, is there a list of the artists somewhere with these tokens?
Jon,

Would we just need the list to be included in the download?

Also, t he download appears to be an exe (self-extracting executable?). MapTool is system agnostic so a normal zip file might work better for the Mac and Linux users.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Felandi
Kobold

Post by Felandi »

An executable? It should be a .rar file that was compressed in winrar. Use winrar or 7-zip to get the folder with all the sorted tokens out.

In this case, the only art used were from artists who specifically did not request to be notified of their artwork being used ((I'e, use as you wish and have fun) as long as it was not for commercial use . (as the license specifies.) So you are in the clear in this case. I can look them up on deviantart and give you a list so you can give their work appreciation if you wish. =)
Last edited by Felandi on Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

That would be great. That way others can find their work as well.

Thanks for putting this together.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Felandi
Kobold

Post by Felandi »

Alright, I will get to work in tracking down artist links on deviantart for a comprehensive list so you can pay respects and have a look.
Due to christmas time this will happen after new years eve, understandably. =)

In the meantime! Have you tried the pack and liked it? Are there things you feel are missing? Monsters, creatures, specific humanoids you wish were there?

Make a request of what you want or wish and I will have a look out for it at the same time!

Detteret
Kobold

Post by Detteret »

the link in the OP only leads to a spam/malware download. :(

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Detteret wrote:the link in the OP only leads to a spam/malware download. :(
Yeah, I think you're right, but I'm guessing because the original download is no longer available and the site it was uploaded to originally was kind of shady. The link is around 2 years old. You can check out the community page and find good links to image sites and downloadable resources. You can also check this post: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=806

Return to “User Creations”