Looking for 4e macro set

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

DDK
Cave Troll

Looking for 4e macro set

Post by DDK »

Wasn't sure where to put this so figured the general user creation forum was best.

I'm looking for a generic set of macros that can be stuck on to a token and dropped into any non-framework, default Maptool's game. Basically the DM doesn't use a framework but I'm not savvy enough to build a very good set of macros outside of a framework. So a token that is already setup for 4e that I could just copy, paste and edit would be great but I can't find anything like that here, or at least I don't know where to look or what to ask for.

Esheon
Giant

Re: Looking for 4e macro set

Post by Esheon »

Well, the problem with not using a Framework is that the token itself doesn't have a place to store your character data, so you have to put it in the macro. This means that every time you level (or get a new magic weapon, whatever) you'll have to edit the macro to enter your new bonuses/penalties. I do have a quick & dirty Attack Macro implementation I've been using while working on my power creation setup, so I've taken that and made it framework-agnostic for you.

Since I have no idea what token properties he's actually using (if any), I don't know any way to keep track of health.

"Saving Throw" just prompts you for a bonus, then rolls a d20 (adding any bonus you entered) and tells you whether it's a success or failure.

For the "Skill Check" macro, you actually have to put your skill bonuses in the macro itself. Just right-click, edit, and you'll find a series of lines that look like:

Code: Select all

[h: AcrobaticsBonus = 0]
[h: ArcanaBonus = 0]
[h: AthleticsBonus = 0]
[h: BluffBonus = 0]
[h: DiplomacyBonus = 0]
Just replace the 0 in each line with the appropriate bonus (total bonus including training, racial, class, whatever). Anything below the ThieveryBonus = 0 line should not be changed.

The "Attack Macro" is a bit more complex. First, I recommend duplicating the macro, then editing the duplicate & renaming the button to match the power name. Upon right-click/edit, you'll find

Code: Select all

[h: PowerName = "Melee Basic Attack"]
[h: PowerUsage = "At-Will"]
[h: AttackBonus = 0]
[h: TargetDefense = "AC"]
[h: DamageRoll = 1d6+2]
[h: MaxDamage = 8]
[h: CritDamageBonus = 0]
[h: EffectText = "none"]
Most of that should be self-explanatory. Anything that's not a number or a dice expression needs to be in quotation marks. If the EffectText entry says "none", it won't display anything. MaxDamage is the maximum possible result from a standard damage roll. CritDamageBonus refers to extra damage that is only applied on a critical hit, like the +1d6 damage most magical weapons grant on a crit.

And anything below the EffectText = "none" line should not be changed.
Attachments
Hero.rptok
(83.68 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

DDK
Cave Troll

Post by DDK »

Wow, thanks!

Esheon
Giant

Post by Esheon »

DDK wrote:Wow, thanks!
No problem... It was just a matter of changing the variables around a bit. Unfortunately, my damage/healing/surge/bloodied/etc macro is heavily dependent on existing token properties. I should probably change it to use setProperty instead, but I'm horribly lazy. :p

http://onlinedungeonmaster.com/download ... ol-macros/

That site has a lot of examples, if you want to try your hand at changing them around....

http://lmwcs.com/rptools/wiki/setProperty
http://lmwcs.com/rptools/wiki/getProperty

and those wiki pages show you how to set and retrieve properties on your token without being restricted to the campaign properties.

Between those two resources (and maybe using a dialog window to directly change base stats like strength, weapon data, etc) you should be able to do a full-on token that stores everything, but the file size might get a bit too high if you aim for too much. If that happens, creating a lib token just for your character might help... But then you're getting even more complex. A simple macro to handle HP/surge tracking should pose no problem, though.

Return to “User Creations”