Marvel Heroic Roleplaying framework i have been playing with

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Dalton
Kobold

Marvel Heroic Roleplaying framework i have been playing with

Post by Dalton »

Edit: 12/19/2012 -> newest version uploaded, v1.04:
NewMHR_104.cmpgn
(739.7 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Newest Changes:
Fixed a bug with the experience modification on the datafile

Overhauled the datafile so that it works more like a tabbed frame. It now has nine buttons at the top which allow the user to switch between various views, since the multiple frame layout confused my players. Hopefully they will like this better.

Edit: 12/5/2012 -> newest version uploaded, v1.03
Edit: 11/27/2012-> newest version uploaded, v1.02
Edit: 11/21/2012-> newest version uploaded, v1.00
Spoiler
Edit: 12/5/2012 -> newest version uploaded, v1.03

Newest Changes:
Removed the update datafile on token selection behavior, was too spammy.
add a copy properties from token macro
added 2 new line options, E and M for expert and master level specialties.
Newest Changes:

Dropping a Token named "Scene" on a map in any layer will make the macros use that token to store and display scene information.

Things I plan to change:

1) gussy up the data file so it looks more interesting, but I'm no web artiste, not real familiar with css and all that.
2) make a health and complications frame for the gm so they can easily change multiple character's health and complications
the original post is contained within the spoiler below:
Spoiler
Things I plan to change:

1) gussy up the data file so it looks more interesting, but I'm no web artiste, not real familiar with css and all that.
2} add states for "stressed out" and "has acted"
3) make the damage and complications part of the show datafile macro exclude any tokens that are "stressed out"
4) make a health and complications frame for the gm so they can easily change multiple character's health and complications

the original post is contained within the spoiler below:

I wanted to post this here to get some feedback on it. Some things in the framework I already plan on changing, other things I want to figure out how to change.

Things I plan to change:
1) get rid of the Lines property from the basic macro properties
2) make sure that no macro variable name matches a property name
3) gussy up the data file so it looks more interesting, but I'm no web artiste, not real familiar with css and all that.

things I want to figure out how to change:
1) pull the stress off each visible token and list it on the data file since it can be used in dice pools against that token.
1) pull the complications off each visible token and list it on the data file since it can be used in dice pools against that token.

any feedback, suggestions, bug reports, iron man two rants, etc, would be appreciated.
Attachments
NewMHR_103.cmpgn
(29.76 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
NewMHR_102.cmpgn
version 1.02 11/27/2012
(854.69 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
NewMHR_1.cmpgn
version 1.00, 11/21/2012
(777.65 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
NewMHR.cmpgn
(848.48 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Last edited by Dalton on Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:16 am, edited 5 times in total.

Dalton
Kobold

Re: Marvel Heroic Roleplaying framework i have been playing

Post by Dalton »

okay, after playing around with this some more, i decided to try doing the edit datafile macro as a form.

It seems to look okay, but i can't seem to get the form to submit to the processing macro. any help?

this is my edit datafile macro:

Code: Select all

[h: Delimiter = "`"]
[h: Token =getStrProp(macro.args, "Token")]

[h: MyDice = getProperty("Dice", Token)]
[h: MyText = getProperty("Text", Token)]
[h: MyLines = listCount(MyDice, Delimiter)]

[dialog("EditAspects", "input=1"): {
<html><head><title>[r:Token]</title></head><body>
[h: processorLink = macroLinkText("ProcessEditDatafile@lib:Characters","all")]
<form action="[r:processorLink]" method="json">
<table>
[for(i, 0, MyLines-1,1," "), CODE: {

[h: CurrentDice = listGet(MyDice, i, Delimiter)]
[h: CurrentText = listGet(MyText, i, Delimiter)]
[h: CurrentText = if(CurrentText=="<BR>", "BR", CurrentText)]
[h: CurrentLine = i]

<tr><td>Line: [r:CurrentLine]</td>
<td>
[H: FieldName = "LineType"+i]
<input type="text" name="[R: FieldName]" value="[R: CurrentDice]" size="4"></input> 
</td>
<td>
[H: FieldName = "LineText"+i]
<input type="text" name=" [R: FieldName] " value=" [R: CurrentText] " size="50"></input> 
</td>
</tr>
</table>
}]
<input type="hidden" name="LastIndex" value="[R: CurrentLine]">
<input type="submit" name="Save" value="Save"> </input></form>
</body></html>
}]
and my processeditdatafile macro:

ProcessEditDatafile Placeholder<br>
just a simple txt output, doesn't seem to fire when i click the save button on the form.

Thanks in advance!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

I've had my share of 'forms not working' and it still eludes me, fortunately there's this: Forms_tutorial which you should certainly check out first. If you've done that and still run into an issue: post again. Though I would like to suggest that if you have an actual question, that you put that in your topic, I just glanced at this topic out of curiosity, but under other circumstances I would never have had a look at it.

Also, why don't you simply use Wiki: input()

edit: it looks like you got your code from the tutorial. So what happens when you put this in your processing macro:

[h:broadcast(macro.args)]
can you explain what you are trying to achieve with:

cause that makes absolutely not sense to me. The ProcessEditDatafile macro is the one that needs to generate the output and I tested your code and it works, so apparently youre doing something off in ProcessEditDatafile. Placing the broadcast in there will show it to work.

as for the other stuff: Wiki: getTokenNames() or Wiki: getTokens() have options where you can only get the 'visible' tokens from the perspective of one token. Here you can use a [foreach:] option to go through them and gather the stress and complications

Dalton
Kobold

Post by Dalton »

I figured it out, i had the </table> inside the for loop, instead of after it.

was just to let me know if the macroLinkText was actually being called. It wasn't until i moved the </table> to the correct area.

yeah, i've been looking at the tutorials, and also at the fate campaign framework we use for our fate game. The fate framework is actually what gave me the idea for using a form. much simpler looking than my first version.

Now i'm trying to figure out why, if the mydice and mytext lists have a listCount of 1, the 0 index of the for loop doesn't appear to happen, but if the listCount is >1 it does. I suspect that the for loop is tested as an == instead of a >, but it is early and my brain is closing down. i'll test more after i get some sleep. thanks for the response, by the way!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

the for loop does NOT do the last of the set so e.g. for 0,1 will only do the 0. I guess its similar with e.g. count(1) which starts with 0 and since it only has to count 1 time it stops there as well. foreach is then your safest option as that will run through ALL its elements.
so:

[r,for(i,0,1):i]
will result in

[r,count(1):roll.count]
will result in

Dalton
Kobold

Post by Dalton »

okay, here is the latest version. It has all the features i can think of to add to it, except the visual pizzazz.

the datafile and scene editing macros are a little less clunky.

The show datafile macro is a little slow, but it is fairly large, so i figure it is gonna be a little slow.

I would like to make the datafile less clunky looking.

I plan to add new states "stressed out" and "ready", and remove any token that is stressed out from the damage and complications list on the datafile

again, feedback and bug reports would be awesome. now I'm going to go to sleep.
Attachments
NewMHR_1.cmpgn
(777.65 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

tip: don't add update in the middle of a thread, but always update your OP. Both with version number and last changed date. Then make a post that the OP has been updated with the latest version. big chance now that people will download the version attached from the OP.

Another tip: you can also put the file in your public dropbox and leave the name unchanged. This way you can update it and people will always download the latest version. Then you can make a post from time to time if you have any major updates.

Dalton
Kobold

Post by Dalton »

wolph42 wrote:tip: don't add update in the middle of a thread, but always update your OP. Both with version number and last changed date. Then make a post that the OP has been updated with the latest version. big chance now that people will download the version attached from the OP.

Another tip: you can also put the file in your public dropbox and leave the name unchanged. This way you can update it and people will always download the latest version. Then you can make a post from time to time if you have any major updates.
Thanks for the tip, OP has been edited. How do I get hold of my dropbox?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Dalton wrote:
wolph42 wrote:tip: don't add update in the middle of a thread, but always update your OP. Both with version number and last changed date. Then make a post that the OP has been updated with the latest version. big chance now that people will download the version attached from the OP.

Thanks for the tip, OP has been edited. How do I get hold of my dropbox?
Follow the referral in my signature.

Dalton
Kobold

Post by Dalton »

newest version uploaded, can be found in the op.

Dalton
Kobold

Post by Dalton »

yet another new version uplaoded, see OP for details

Return to “User Creations”