Would like to share campaign files and get feedback

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

I think these screenshots are

Better than having herpes
50%
Worse than having herpes
No votes
Pretty good
50%
Totally rad
No votes

Total votes: 2

jstak
Cave Troll

Would like to share campaign files and get feedback

Post by jstak »

Hello, I have a few campaign files that may or may not be useful for others looking for some content to work from or use in whatever way.

Some example screenshots from a couple of them:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Anyway the campaign files are large so the easiest way for me is to share them with individuals is by using the mega.co.nz email sharing capability. So let me know if you would like to check them out. One of them is literally my first adventure that I made with maptool and so has no framework also probably quite a few rookie mistakes in there. The second one is using an older version Lindsay's fw and has more content. I have a few more but don't want to waste anyone's time if these two suck too much to be useful.
Last edited by jstak on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Would like to share campaign files and get feedback

Post by wolph42 »

Might I suggest that you put spoiler tags around the pics. That makes it a lot more forum friendly.
As for your poll, I'm fortunate to never have experienced Herpes, so I can't really relate.
I'm assuming that you've completely build these maps in MT and comparing to other maps created in that manner (so without the use of eg PSP ) I would give it a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10. what you can probly do is share them through a link in Dropbox or a similar cloud service that allows public links.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

New maps are always welcomed. What I recommend is creating an account with the MapTool gallery and build your profile there. Then you can use this thead to make announcements to new maps or map bits. You can use my thread as a model if you like.

If you create a new thread or rename this one, I can move you to Maps. That's of course when you have complete maps to reference. I find less people want the campaign file, but if you export to an rpmap, that may go over better.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

aliasmask wrote:New maps are always welcomed. What I recommend is creating an account with the MapTool gallery and build your profile there. Then you can use this thead to make announcements to new maps or map bits. You can use my thread as a model if you like.
An even better suggestion. But can you share campaign files or .mtmaps there?

jstak
Cave Troll

Post by jstak »

wolph42 wrote:Might I suggest that you put spoiler tags around the pics. That makes it a lot more forum friendly.
As for your poll, I'm fortunate to never have experienced Herpes, so I can't really relate.
I'm assuming that you've completely build these maps in MT and comparing to other maps created in that manner (so without the use of eg PSP ) I would give it a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10. what you can probly do is share them through a link in Dropbox or a similar cloud service that allows public links.
Thanks Wolph,

First of all I use the crap out of your tools so let me just say thank you for all of your work! I was going to use Dropbox but my campaign files tend to be larger than the max file size for that service. That's what led me to stick them on the mega service. The unfortunate requirement there is that I can't share them with a public link, I have to share them with specific email addresses that the link is then sent to. Anyone could use a disposable email service like http://www.mailinator.com/ if they are worried about privacy/spam etc...
Last edited by jstak on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

wolph42 wrote:But can you share campaign files or .mtmaps there?
Hmm, not sure. I'm pretty sure I've seen cmpgn files. You can upload small cmpgn files here and I think recently rpmap files. Since we're on the same server I'm guess that you can, but if not, just put it in to a zip file or rename it to zip and tell users to rename to rpmap.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You can use gamefront.com. They allow like 500meg files (maybe more now). You can read their hosting rules for more info. I don't think there is a number of files limit. But they will remove your file if no one downloads in 60 days.

jstak
Cave Troll

Post by jstak »

aliasmask wrote:
wolph42 wrote:But can you share campaign files or .mtmaps there?
Hmm, not sure. I'm pretty sure I've seen cmpgn files. You can upload small cmpgn files here and I think recently rpmap files. Since we're on the same server I'm guess that you can, but if not, just put it in to a zip file or rename it to zip and tell users to rename to rpmap.
What an awesome community.

I use a ton of your stuff too Chris, so thanks for sharing so much! My problem is that I am exceedingly lazy and just want to share my finished campaign files that are all rather large (e.g. > 100 MB). I am laid up in bed recovering from a surgery so I had some time on my hands and thought now would be a good time to back through my campaigns and share them, for those of you with the desire to dig through someone else's campaign files. I also feel like it might be easier to share them individually in this private way so that I don't have to be so worried about a couple of images that may or may not be copyrighted. I feel like this way I can trust the people who download it to pay for material they don't own. ;-)

jstak
Cave Troll

Post by jstak »

wolph42 wrote:Maybe this will help: https://mega.co.nz/
50gb for free!
Yes! That's where the files are stored. So if anyone wants to check them out I just need an email to send the links.

jstak
Cave Troll

Post by jstak »

wolph42 wrote:Ah ok, didn't know it's limited to email only. I'll pm
Thanks for taking the time to check them out! I sent the link.

Return to “User Creations”