3.5 campaign framework?

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

aloyce
Kobold

3.5 campaign framework?

Post by aloyce »

Call me old fashioned but I still play 3.5

I tried the 3.5+PF campaign framework (MT1.3.87.02) and I don't know about PF but about 3.5 it's almost useless... Just 10-15 feats all in all and several wrong skills (perception/sneak etc).
Not sure if there is an option to turn it to 3.5 that I haven't seen yet but if there isn't I wanted to ask if there is any correct 3.5e framework around. Don't need it to have everything I'll just use it to have character sheets on mouseovers so I do not print every monster stat block from the campaign. So if there is any other way to get a decent character sheet generator instead of a whole framework i'd be glad as well.

jstak
Cave Troll

Re: 3.5 campaign framework?

Post by jstak »

aloyce wrote:Call me old fashioned but I still play 3.5
Hello aloyce, a bunch of us that hang out in the forums also play 3.5. Welcome!
I tried the 3.5+PF campaign framework (MT1.3.87.02) and I don't know about PF but about 3.5 it's almost useless... Just 10-15 feats all in all and several wrong skills (perception/sneak etc). Not sure if there is an option to turn it to 3.5 that I haven't seen yet but if there isn't
The framework should give you a choice when it fist opens or there is a way to open the opening setup option again by clicking on the campaign macro "edit globals". I use that framework and pretty much love it. I would also love to see more things added to it, but I have been using it's predecessors for about 2 and a half years and it has become much more useful than anything else out there that I am aware of. The feats that it does track are generally those that figure into the other mechanics that it greatly simplifies, ie. attacks, defense etc... I believe the person that created the framework for their own campaigns intends to add some more things when he gets the time.

I wanted to ask if there is any correct 3.5e framework around. Don't need it to have everything I'll just use it to have character sheets on mouseovers so I do not print every monster stat block from the campaign. So if there is any other way to get a decent character sheet generator instead of a whole framework i'd be glad as well.
Anyway, what my parties do is track actual character sheets in something like redblade, or PCGen and use the functionality in the framework to speed up the "mathier" parts of the mechanics. I know others have made extensive modifications to the framework to suit their own needs, I don't have the inclination yet to do that but certainly there are a few people on that board topic that would be hapy to offer suggestions for changing it.

jstak

Return to “User Creations”