HeroQuest map maker

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

libavf
Cave Troll

HeroQuest map maker

Post by libavf »

I don't know if any of you remember the old board game Hero Quest, but I found a computerized version of it this weekend and it is fun to go back to.

The bonus of it is that it comes with a map maker that will do random maps and even populate the maps with the Hero Quest stuff. I like the looks of these boards myself. There are some limitations to it as to the base map size and the graphics library is limited but thorough enough for many dungeons. It also does not export the file to a color image. I have found that I can do a print screen and get the map. It fits into a grid of 25. I guess you could enlarge the pictures to make them go bigger. I love the way the maps I have made are coming out.

You can of course combine multiple maps to flesh out a very large dungeon if you need to.

Oh yeah, and you can play the original game on the software.

http://members.quicknet.nl/lm.broers/hquest.htm

PS: I make a base map without the generated content as a player map and then I generate the content for a GM map. I make up the secrets and stats as I want to.

mrobviousjosh
Dragon

Re: HeroQuest map maker

Post by mrobviousjosh »

I downloaded this and gave it a try. Works fine- seems totally legit. I look forward to messing around with this more. =D

P.S. Thanks for sharing!

libavf
Cave Troll

Re: HeroQuest map maker

Post by libavf »

You're welcome.

Don't forget the game itself is fun too :)

Return to “User Creations”