*COMPLETED* MapTool b89 with Streaming Sound Functionality

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Lord.Ashes
Dragon

Re: *COMPLETED* MapTool b89 with Streaming Sound Functionali

Post by Lord.Ashes »

dorpond wrote:Very interesting thread!
I have always pushed for sound since 1.2 but it never seemed to be on the top of the priority list, which I totally agreed with.

If anything, this work of yours is getting a lot of brainstorming going, which is important for the team!

I'll be keeping an eye on this one :)
If you like that, I suggest you have a look at http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24539. It is my MapTool mod for limited plugins.

Once I get a little time, I will probably re-do my Sound support as a plugin so that users with the sound plugin and without the sound plugin can still use the same campaign file together without getting version mismatch errors. I've already started converting my CacheCleaner into a plugin which should be available soon. The plugin support mod isn't a full plugin system in that it can not do anything inside MapTool that you can not already do but it has potential for a lot of external stuff which can be combined with MapTool macros to get powerful effects. For example, it can be used to implement sound functionality, or a cache cleaner, language filters or even translation engines, or even some AI programming which would be too difficult to implement in MapTool itself.
"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best,
but they only have the right to bare arms, while we have the right to bare breasts"
The Right To Bare Breasts by Bowser & Blue

Lord.Ashes
Dragon

Re: *COMPLETED* MapTool b89 with Streaming Sound Functionali

Post by Lord.Ashes »

This functionality is now available as a Plugin for my MapTool-1.3.b89.Plugin_Support.R3 MapTool mod.

See thread http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24553
"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best,
but they only have the right to bare arms, while we have the right to bare breasts"
The Right To Bare Breasts by Bowser & Blue

Return to “User Creations”