RFC: L5R 4th Edition Framework

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

wargames
Kobold

Re: RFC: L5R 4th Edition Framework

Post by wargames »

You two should work together only good things can come from it, also found a "problem" you wrote all of the token properites to basic don't do this write them to something like L5R so when I do drop in resources it doesn't mess those up.

Belizan
Kobold

Post by Belizan »

wargames wrote:Going to double post to say I found some errors in the open combat frame, and open selection frame. Also it seems as if the unskilled rolls in the build STR roll doesn't work I get dice exploding.

Code: Select all

L5R.combat.buildCombatActionFrm 
UNKNOWN (-)
Count: 0

*No Args
    Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): h, macro("L5R.combat.buildCombatActionFrm@Lib:L5R")       Statement Body : ""

Code: Select all

L5RTarget.ui.statSheetCmp> tArgs:Token=C0A80170C88184DB47040000C0800140
L5RTarget.ui.statSheetCmp> tToken:C0A80170C88184DB47040000C0800140
I haven't seen this error before. I will check it out this weekend :).

Belizan
Kobold

Post by Belizan »

wargames wrote:You two should work together only good things can come from it, also found a "problem" you wrote all of the token properites to basic don't do this write them to something like L5R so when I do drop in resources it doesn't mess those up.
I'm not sure I appreciate the use case you are describing. Can you explain?

wargames
Kobold

Post by wargames »

Say I want to use your framework and a drop in resource like Wolph42's Bag of Tricks. In Bag of Tricks he wrote stuff to Basic so I would assume his Basic token properties and yours would conflict, and going off of what Rumble did with his 4ed DnD framework I thought it was best practice to write your new token properties to a new set like 4e or L5R in this case, don't know if I am explaining it right. Also I am using B90TEST with your framework but I was also getting error with b89 if I remember right. The first error I think was caused by me not click stage 1 options in the chat window the other I think has something to do with the character sheet(?).

This is my current cmpgn file if you want to mess around with it.
http://gooncave.com/test.cmpgn

Bag of Tricks thread.
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16066

Belizan
Kobold

Post by Belizan »

wargames wrote:Say I want to use your framework and a drop in resource like Wolph42's Bag of Tricks. In Bag of Tricks he wrote stuff to Basic so I would assume his Basic token properties and yours would conflict, and going off of what Rumble did with his 4ed DnD framework I thought it was best practice to write your new token properties to a new set like 4e or L5R in this case, don't know if I am explaining it right. Also I am using B90TEST with your framework but I was also getting error with b89 if I remember right. The first error I think was caused by me not click stage 1 options in the chat window the other I think has something to do with the character sheet(?).

This is my current cmpgn file if you want to mess around with it.
http://gooncave.com/test.cmpgn

Bag of Tricks thread.
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16066
Ah, I see. It is, to my mind, preferable to leave the properties in the Basic group, and simply ask people who want to blend frameworks to move the properties themselves. This is easy to do (basically one cut&paste operation), but if I do it in the base campaign framework, then tokens are not created by default with the properties for L5R characters. I may revisit this subject later if I start to have multiple property sets (NPCs vs. PCs for example).

As for the other, I developed the framework under b87. I don't use b89 because of some instability issues we had with random java errors popping up while using the map and what not in other maptools games I play. I have not even looked at b90 yet.

wargames
Kobold

Post by wargames »

True the token don't default to L5R but to basic but switching a token to basic is easier then coping and pasting the properties.

Return to “User Creations”