Unofficial MapTool-1.3.b90beta Plugin Support Mod

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Lord.Ashes
Dragon

Re: Unofficial MapTool-1.3.b89 Plugin Mod

Post by Lord.Ashes »

For those of you still using Java 6, I have re-compiled all my Plugins (except for CacheClaner7 which requires Java7) on a Java 6 machine. This should allow you to use the Class files directly (assuming you trust me) without having to re-compile. However, the Source Code is still provided (in a sub-folder) for those of you who want to verify the code and compile it yourself.
"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best,
but they only have the right to bare arms, while we have the right to bare breasts"
The Right To Bare Breasts by Bowser & Blue

Lord.Ashes
Dragon

Post by Lord.Ashes »

lmarkus001 wrote: Also, since you seem to have energy and wherewithal, I might suggest you talk with Azhrei and maybe takeover Maptool build control (as he has clearly lost the time/interest/focus/etc to maintain this tool we love).
I am honored at the suggestion but I am not sure that would be a good idea. As I explained in one of my other posts, when it comes to large programs written by someone else (such as MT), I am a hack programmer. When I want to add some functionality, I find some way to implement it, usually using the path of least resistance and get it done. Usually the result is functional but not necessarily the best way to do it or the correct way to do it.

For example, most of my mods for MapTool that require some configuration files (such my mod for MapTool with Sound and my mod for MapTool with CacheCleaner because I implemented by Plugin Support system) just used flat files instead of properly implementing the attribute in the MapTool preferences because it would have taken too much effort for me to figure out where that is coded and how to add my own stuff. Similarly my Sound mod and now plugin does not use MT assets for the sound files. The reason for this, that I typical claim, is that adding sound files as assets would greatly increase the Campaign file size but in reality the most significant reason is that I don't have the time to figure out how to do it using MT assets.

Similarly I am not up on my coding style so my code would be full of "this should have been capitalized, this should be lower case, etc".

Lastly, most of my mods have been motivated by my own needs. I wanted Sound so I wrote it because no one else would. With sound, I needed a Cache Cleaner so that the assetCache directory would not eventually overflow, so I built it because no one else would. I built my card game mod of MapTool because I use MT to play card games and board games. Generally after I build it, I post it to the community so anyone else who wants to use it can but the motivation comes from my own needs. I have a feeling that if I was addressing other people's requests I might not have the same motivation. I know this sounds selfish but like Azhrei I also have other (non-MT) projects that I am working on and thus I am more likely to spend making MT mods if I know I will use them.

Having said that I am likely to continue making mods for MapTool but I think taking over in an official capacity would not be the best for MapTool and the community.
but they only have the right to bare arms, while we have the right to bare breasts"

Lord.Ashes
Dragon

Post by Lord.Ashes »

lmarkus001 wrote:Why are you basing this on b89 and not b90? Since you are creating a fork, I would think you would want the "better" code to fork from.

Also, since you seem to have energy and wherewithal, I might suggest you talk with Azhrei and maybe takeover Maptool build control (as he has clearly lost the time/interest/focus/etc to maintain this tool we love).
Can someone please point me to a link/thread where I can get the latest b90 build? It is not officially release yet (i.e. not available in the download section of rptools.net) but I have had a few request to make a b90 version of my Plugin Support MT mod. Or is the version in the MapTool subversion b90 and I have been assuming that it is b89?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I believe wolph42 has a link in his signature.

Lord.Ashes
Dragon

Post by Lord.Ashes »

aliasmask wrote:I believe wolph42 has a link in his signature.
Maybe I am blind but Wolph42 has the following signature:
My stuff
Excel Tools: Table editor and Illumination Generator
MT Tools: Dungeon Builder I, Dungeon Builder II, Bag of Tricks: Teleport pads, Pits, Traps & Warded Areas and onMouseOverEvent
Framework: Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade and Only War
Wiki: Debugging Tutorial, Speed Up Your Macros, Working With Two CODE Levels, Shortcut Keys, Avoiding Stack Overflow
None of which screams MapTool-1.3.b90 to me.

Lord.Ashes
Dragon

Post by Lord.Ashes »

wolph42 wrote:Bag of tricks link.
BoT seems to have a link to the compiled JAR file but I need the Source Code in order to Mod it with Plugin Support.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Lord.Ashes wrote:
BoT seems to have a link to the compiled JAR file but I need the Source Code in order to Mod it with Plugin Support.
ah, youll need to ask jamztheman, jfrazierjr or azhrei. there are others but can't get their names right now,

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

wolph42 wrote:
Lord.Ashes wrote:
ah, youll need to ask jamztheman, jfrazierjr or azhrei. there are others but can't get their names right now,
FYI see your inbox :)

Also, bottom line, it's all in SVN (and a few patches are submitted in Testing forum that are not in SVN, up to you if you want to include those.) My sig includes links to what patches I've applied which may or may not be currently checked into SVN) or point out beta functions that I haven't submitted for reasons posted.
-Jamz

Lord.Ashes
Dragon

Post by Lord.Ashes »

My MT mod is based on the SVN code, so it seems that it is actually based on b90beta as opposed to b90. My apologies for the confusion.

Lord.Ashes
Dragon

Post by Lord.Ashes »

Unofficial MapTool-1.3.b90beta.Plugin_Support.R5 is now available!

I did intend to stop with R4 but there was a number of user based requests which I wanted to address so a R5 was needed!

However, please note that R5 is fully backwards compatible with R4 plugins...you won't need to change anything!

New Features:

- Client creates a "Plugin.Var.Identity" file in MT's tmp folder. This contains the MT player name of the client.

This can be used by plugins to identify the specific client. It was decided to pass this information as a file,
as opposed to adding it as a parameter to each plugin call, to order to maintain compatibility between R4 plugins
and the R5 plugins. This way R4 plugins don't need any modification to work with R5.

- Added concept of available plugins (plugins that are installed) and active plugins (plugins that are being used)

This concept includes two core MT macro functions: pluginEnable, pluginDisable

- Added concept of plugins order allowing the user to specify in which order plugins are processed

This concept includes two core MT macro functions for re-ordering plugins: pluginPromot, pluginDemote

- Added core MT functions for listing plugins.

This concept includes three core MT macro functions: pluginsAvailable, pluginsActive, pluginsUpdate

This was previously done by a plugin but by adding the functionality into the core of MT, it ensures that the results can not be spoofed by a modified plugin.

- Added support for plugins stored in both Class files and JAR files. Both formats are now supported and can be mixed and matched.

Lord.Ashes
Dragon

Post by Lord.Ashes »

wolph42 wrote:sooo... it was b90-beta all along... :?:
Appears like it from what I was told. The problem with the SVN version is that its version is listed as DEVELOPMENT and thus I can't easily tell.

But a PM from JamzTheMan indicated that the SVN version is b90beta. He also pointed out that there is no actual b90 yet so it should be referred to as b90beta.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Lord.Ashes wrote:He also pointed out that there is no actual b90 yet so it should be referred to as b90beta.
that is correct!

Lord.Ashes
Dragon

Re: Unofficial MapTool-1.3.b90beta Plugin Mod

Post by Lord.Ashes »

Now I have lots of posts (such as each post for a plugin) referring to MapTool-1.3.b89.Plugin_Support which should all be MapTool-1.3.b90beta.Plugin_Support :(

Return to “User Creations”