Really basic Spell Manager for Pathfinder

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Doktor Avalanche
Cave Troll

Really basic Spell Manager for Pathfinder

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

EDIT updated file

My players like really simple. Here is a simple spell manager that I set up using the PRD. If anyone else uses it I may develop it further in public.

There are some things that don't work (players can add spells twice and funny things happen; there are no checks on input, spells memorised etc.) but it is fairly robust. It is basically a replacement for a sheet of paper. EDIT added a tool tip to the spell name in the spell book. Added a memorised number so players can memorise more than one spell and then a counter to reduce the number on casting.

Spells need to be added to a spell book in all lower case, and can be added individually or as a list separated by commas. Again, all in lower case. EDIT no longer need to enter in lower case.

There are just two properties required for a token: MemorisedSpells and Spellbook. And there are three on the Lib token: SpellList; SpellDescriptions; and Spellbook...but I think I deleted Spellbook from the macros so that may only be needed on a token.
Attachments
feat and spell lists.cmpgn
(775.88 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Last edited by Doktor Avalanche on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Really basic Spell Manager for Pathfinder

Post by aliasmask »

Great idea. Looks like you beat me to it. I'll have to check it out. I'm in the middle of updating the spell library token to include all 1690 spells from pathfinder and it will be easy enough to integrate it to other lib tokens including using alias names like for "restoration, lesser" to "lesser restoration". Basically, you call a function and it returns a link with a tooltip containing the short spell description and link to library page with full description and spell details.

Doktor Avalanche
Cave Troll

Re: Really basic Spell Manager for Pathfinder

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

No way will my creation compete with yours. It is very basic. I'll look forward to what you come up with.

Return to “User Creations”