Revolving Cylindrical Doors

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Altrunchen
Giant

Revolving Cylindrical Doors

Post by Altrunchen »

Introduction:

So I thought it was strange how so many doors are easily penetrated by the party because they were able to pick a lock or kick the door down. I also thought that the idea of a one-way door was bizarre and so I wondered how it could be executed. After some thought I came up with the idea of a revolving stone door. Depending on the position of the door, the party can or cannot get through no matter how much fiddling with locks they want to do. The only real solution is either magic or using a pickaxe to dig through the stone surrounding the doors themselves, which would take a while. The legitimate means of activating these doors is a mechanical switch of some kind, like a lever or a pressure plate. This way, controlling flow in your dungeon can be a whole lot simpler. So, for your consideration, here are some revolving cylindrical doors:

Sample:

ImageImage

The doors are available in the following colors: red, blue, yellow, green, teal, purple, orange, normal (as shown above), and gray.

Revolving Door Hallways:
So I figured that a sort of intersection set for these would be helpful. This way if you want only a certain two-four points to be connected at a given time then you can use these to help.

Preview:

Image Image Image Image Image

Download Link:

For Cylinder Doors and the Revolving Door Hallways
For Just Cylinder Doors

Altrunchen
Giant

Re: Revolving Cylindrical Doors

Post by Altrunchen »

What do you guys think?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

I had a look at them earlier and I like the idea, but can you show them in action? I'm not complete getting how they work.

Altrunchen
Giant

Post by Altrunchen »

wolph42 wrote:I had a look at them earlier and I like the idea, but can you show them in action? I'm not complete getting how they work.
It's really quite simple. All you gotta do is drag and drop them onto the "object" layer. Then when the players walk through the door or activate it, you rotate the object like you would any other object. You will also have to reset any VBL on the door manually, but it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Altrunchen wrote:What do you guys think?
It would be nice to use in the occasional dungeon. I think it would be fun for tomb or vault type dungeons to control and condition access to certain areas.

But I bet players will get annoyed if you use them too much. Bashing doors and picking locks are things some characters like to pride themselves on doing. ;)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

You can add a VBL stamp to the door with the bag of tricks. That way the VBL rotates with the door and the Fow will be reset

Return to “User Creations”