Force-fields

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Altrunchen
Giant

Force-fields

Post by Altrunchen »

So I thought it might be fun to make a bunch of top-down force fields for people to use as they see fit. I made 36 of them, all transparent, and each one a slightly different hue by a factor of 10, that way you have a HELL of a lot of options when it comes to color. It's hard to see on a forum, but take my word for it, these are indeed transparent. I tested them in MapTools to make sure that it's easy to see objects and tokens through them. But anyhow, I hope you guys like these and find them helpful in your campaigns :).

Preview:
Note: There are 36 differently colored transparencies in the zip file that cover just about every hue in the visible spectrum of light.

Download Link:
Forcefields

Any and all feedback is appreciated! :)
Last edited by Altrunchen on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mfrizzell
Dragon

Re: Force-fields

Post by mfrizzell »

looks pretty cool, thanks.
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

Altrunchen
Giant

Post by Altrunchen »

UPDATE: Now they look more spherical. Enjoy!

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

That really made a difference, nice job!

Is there any way to make a set that looks more fantasy based as well? Like a lightning or ambient energy vs hex? Although the hex definitely makes it look like a field, the lightning or energy may just look like a ball of energy.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Anyway, nice effect, added to my master repository! Will be good for our Star Wars game.
-Jamz

Altrunchen
Giant

Post by Altrunchen »

JamzTheMan wrote:That really made a difference, nice job!

Is there any way to make a set that looks more fantasy based as well? Like a lightning or ambient energy vs hex? Although the hex definitely makes it look like a field, the lightning or energy may just look like a ball of energy.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Anyway, nice effect, added to my master repository! Will be good for our Star Wars game.
Glad to hear it! :D I like making things that are useful for people :3.

Also, I don't know if I could manage the "energy-ball" effect but I could give it a try nonetheless.

Return to “User Creations”