Why isn't there a D&D 5th Edition subforum?

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Psycher
Kobold

Why isn't there a D&D 5th Edition subforum?

Post by Psycher »

I'm surprised there isn't an official subforum for 5th edition D&D. Can a moderator please fix this?

Cheers!

RPTroll
TheBard

Re: Why isn't there a D&D 5th Edition subforum?

Post by RPTroll »

We appear to have three 5th edition framework/tool sets in the User Creations forum. I assume Gamer Dude will want to create a new subforum for it.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I'm not sure who here has permission to create subdirectories other than Craig. I wonder how Az is doing?

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I've been in contact with Az regarding the new web site for MapTool. He was pretty active in the background last week.

I see Gamerdude as the moderators on that Framework forum so I sent him a PM. I'll also reach out to Craig and Az to see if one of them can pick it up.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Dervish
Giant

Post by Dervish »

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Okay, I've moved all of those into the new D&D 5e forum and left shadow topics in place to make them easier to find in the short-term.

Forums can't be created by moderators, that requires a forum administrator. Unfortunately, there isn't much granularity in delegating the role of the "forum administrator"; if that power is given to someone, they can really mess stuff up if they're not careful. (Permissions, in particular, are a pain in the butt.)

However, if there's an active user here with experience running a phpBB3 board, I'd be happy to share the reins. As long as our community here agrees, of course. ;)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

I think it would be useful to have at least one back up admin.
I also think that it should not be me. I like the moderator role and do my part, but really digging in the phpBB3 is one step too far.

Psycher
Kobold

Post by Psycher »

Azhrei wrote:Okay, I've moved all of those into the new D&D 5e forum and left shadow topics in place to make them easier to find in the short-term.

Forums can't be created by moderators, that requires a forum administrator. Unfortunately, there isn't much granularity in delegating the role of the "forum administrator"; if that power is given to someone, they can really mess stuff up if they're not careful. (Permissions, in particular, are a pain in the butt.)

However, if there's an active user here with experience running a phpBB3 board, I'd be happy to share the reins. As long as our community here agrees, of course. ;)
Sweet!
Thank you =)

Return to “User Creations”