Top-Down Vertical Dancing Stages

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Altrunchen
Giant

Top-Down Vertical Dancing Stages

Post by Altrunchen »

Somewhere along the line I found myself needing an image for a vertical dancing stage in my map-making. So I made one. Then I wondered if anyone else has made one of these for people to use and found, unsurprisingly, that no one had. So now I've made 58 palette-swapped versions of a top-down vertical dancing stage image that I also made.

If you have to ask why I found myself needing one of these for map-making, then I might ask myself the same question. I made them for a succubus' lair that I was designing and things snowballed from there I guess.

And if you don't know what vertical dancing is, then I don't blame you. It's the fancy term for pole-dancing. Yes, this is a zip file filled with 58 differently colored stripper poles. Yeah, I know...

I checked the rules, and no, I don't think this is against any of them. I mean, it's a vinyl floor and a metal stick.

Preview:

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3o3cq ... Stages.zip

RPTroll
TheBard

Re: Top-Down Vertical Dancing Stages

Post by RPTroll »

Nice. Thanks for sharing.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Altrunchen
Giant

Post by Altrunchen »

RPTroll wrote:Nice. Thanks for sharing.
No problem buddy.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

as always: thanks for sharing.

Couple of remarks:
- why on earth 53!! different colors? Not that im complaining, I just grab what I want, but I'm curious.
- the shadow of the pole is off. The pole clearly has a flat end, while the shadow suggests a point.
- (my personal taste): the platform should be a bit higher (by extending its shadow).

Altrunchen
Giant

Post by Altrunchen »

wolph42 wrote:as always: thanks for sharing.

Couple of remarks:
- why on earth 53!! different colors? Not that im complaining, I just grab what I want, but I'm curious.
- the shadow of the pole is off. The pole clearly has a flat end, while the shadow suggests a point.
- (my personal taste): the platform should be a bit higher (by extending its shadow).
No prob dude, I like making stuff that people can use. :)

Yeah, they are 58 different colors including a bunch of shades of gray along with black and white. I like to cover my bases I guess.

And you're right, the shadow for the pole is wrong if the light source was the same width as the pole. But I wanted to go for more of this kind of look:

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

ah, I was thinking that you could create that with dual lighting, but with one big light source as well... but that doesn't seem very likely (one light source of that magnitude in a vertical dance establishment). but ok nitpicking anyway, as if the players ever going to walk in on a map and say: "hey that shadow is off"

Return to “User Creations”