RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:25 am 

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar  Offline
Cave Troll

Post subject: City Street Terrain map (d&d)
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:18 am 
By general means, I created a City Street Terrain map for game play. This wasn't intended to be a street by street city map. It's meant to have multiple city terrains encountered in many inner fantasy cities with plenty of running room. Details are listed on the page above. It's not meant to be particularly pretty, just functional, but I'm sure those with more saavy than myself could clean it up easily. I've already test run it and it worked well for players. Word of Warning: Don't move the background. You wouldn't believe the trouble I had getting the darn 118 pieces lined up.

The question is, the campaign file I've put this in is 32.8 MB. I'm not sure anyone else would really want to use it. I threw caution to the wind with my provider and posted both the campaign file and the Campaign Cartographer file:

StreetMap.cmpgn

StreetMap.FCW

Last edited by Darcphaze on Sun May 22, 2016 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar  Offline
Deity

Post subject: Re: City Street Terrain map
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:43 pm 
thnx for sharing. Might I suggest though for a possible future release, to make it grid-less?
This makes it easier to adapt for non 5ft systems

My stuff
Excel Tools: Table and Light editors
MT Tools: Bag of Tricks: Tools for Maptool, Dungeon Builder I, Dungeon Builder II,onMouseOverEvent and
DPI.
Frameworks: Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Only War, SET Card Game, RoboRally
Wiki: Debugging Tutorial, Speed Up Your Macros, Working With Two CODE Levels, Shortcut Keys, Avoiding Stack Overflow, READ THIS

User avatar  Offline
Cave Troll

Post subject: Re: City Street Terrain map
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:36 am 
wolph42 wrote:
thnx for sharing. Might I suggest though for a possible future release, to make it grid-less?
This makes it easier to adapt for non 5ft systems

Yeah I realized that after I posted it :D But I fell subject to the Need A Line To Lineup syndrome. When I first created the map, I didn't think about posting it here, it was for my use only. Afterwards I thought, maybe someone else can use it. Doh!

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]