City Street Terrain map (d&d)

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Darcphaze
Cave Troll

City Street Terrain map (d&d)

Post by Darcphaze »

By general means, I created a City Street Terrain map for game play. This wasn't intended to be a street by street city map. It's meant to have multiple city terrains encountered in many inner fantasy cities with plenty of running room. Details are listed on the page above. It's not meant to be particularly pretty, just functional, but I'm sure those with more saavy than myself could clean it up easily. I've already test run it and it worked well for players. Word of Warning: Don't move the background. You wouldn't believe the trouble I had getting the darn 118 pieces lined up.

The question is, the campaign file I've put this in is 32.8 MB. I'm not sure anyone else would really want to use it. I threw caution to the wind with my provider and posted both the campaign file and the Campaign Cartographer file:

StreetMap.cmpgn

StreetMap.FCW
Last edited by Darcphaze on Sun May 22, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter what a GM plans for, the players are certain to find another way to do it

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: City Street Terrain map

Post by wolph42 »

thnx for sharing. Might I suggest though for a possible future release, to make it grid-less?
This makes it easier to adapt for non 5ft systems

Darcphaze
Cave Troll

Re: City Street Terrain map

Post by Darcphaze »

wolph42 wrote:thnx for sharing. Might I suggest though for a possible future release, to make it grid-less?
This makes it easier to adapt for non 5ft systems
Yeah I realized that after I posted it :D But I fell subject to the Need A Line To Lineup syndrome. When I first created the map, I didn't think about posting it here, it was for my use only. Afterwards I thought, maybe someone else can use it. Doh!
No matter what a GM plans for, the players are certain to find another way to do it

Return to “User Creations”