WFRP Campaign customized maptool

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

joppino
Kobold

WFRP Campaign customized maptool

Post by joppino »

Hello all,

I've received many requests in regards to the customized fork of maptool I've made to support difficult terrain, full ruleset, player sheets, movement points, customized inventory with drag & drop and storage boxes. Sorry for not having been able to answer all of those requests. I'm going to post the full stuff here in a while.

Please remember that:
1) This will need a mysql server installed on the maptool server. I've made this because that way you can add and remove items from the database at will, with their encumbrance, type, etc.

2) The maptool codebase is b87 I think.

3) The Campaign file also supports mass combat to simulate warhammer battles but it's a bit tricky to use

4) Players will automatically get penalties for encumbrance, chain mail, etc

5) Mutations from tome of corruption are supported halfway through

6) The Maptool UI is slightly different to add support to insert difficult (x2 and x3) movement. When there is initiative, the tokens will be allowed to move only according to their movement stat minus penalties and terrain. Also, if the movement exceeds player allowance, a "RUN" token will be placed on it and the line of movement will turn red, thus using a full action. If you land near another token, you can "charge" and attack anyway (the melee dialog will change accordingly).

7) The half-action and full-action tokens will change the actions the players can make accordingly.

8) When a player attacks another token with ranged or melee action, just the half action/full action token will be placed on the player token and no automatic calculation will be made. I've done this that way because my players like to throw dice :) If a GM does this, though, all combat, critical, etc are handled automatically.

9) The inventory drag and drop, storage size, chests and other containers, item passing between players, food storage and money weight are all functional. We used it for a whole 3 years.

10) I have not the time to write a manual and you'll have to learn the framework by yourself.

Have a nice day and stay tuned here :)
Jean pierre

joppino
Kobold

Re: WFRP Campaign customized maptool

Post by joppino »

In the meantime, here is the Maptool customized software.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/61yjd9

I have the mySQL structure and campaign file in my other laptop, so I will be able to send it this evening...

Please notice that this won't work at all if you don't run it with the campaign file :-) Exceptions!

I forgot I also made the clock and calendar.

You can track the passage of time from a web user interface done in PHP i've made, with weather conditions et al. I will post that here too.

Edit: sorry-sorry-sorry, in the weekend :)

J

Return to “User Creations”