Top down city map building icons/brushes

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Roh
Cave Troll

Top down city map building icons/brushes

Post by Roh »

I'm looking to make a fairly large city map including a bit of the surrounding area in maptools. I looked at other software and honestly maptools has what I'll need and this is where Im using is so... Why not? It'll be supposed to support around 20k-30k people. I already have most of what I need. But I am having trouble finding resources for buildings in the city. I'm hoping there are some libraries or resources out there with a good variety of buildings that would suit a like 1730s or so early industrial revolution era.

Hope this is the right place to ask. Thanks for your time and any direction you can give.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: Top down city map building icons/brushes

Post by JamzTheMan »

Being top down, by buildings, I assume you really want/need a collection of roof tiles?

Feel free to browse my collection... https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2c01 ... XozYVp2Yjg
-Jamz

Roh
Cave Troll

Post by Roh »

Not really sure of the best term. But really structure you might see in a top down view of a city will be of use to me. I don't discriminated against those without a roof. :lol:

Either way that is a very cool collection so far. And I havent even found what Im looking for yet! lol

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Yea, it's a pretty large collection, some 51,000+ files I've collected over the last 10 years or so.

You can look in my maps section too, a few ruined towers and such. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

FYI: You can add these to your google drive and they won't add to your space used.
-Jamz

Return to “User Creations”