Mouseover / Links in Macro Displays

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

XVRogue
Kobold

Mouseover / Links in Macro Displays

Post by XVRogue »

Hello,

This was something brought to my attention by Veggiesama's framework.

I was wondering how it is you go about creating links (where you click a specific character) or better yet mouseover (where you mouse over a specific character) that will display additional information from the Macro's actual displayed portion.

i.e. I have a macro for Kobolds. When used, it prompts the user for Mob Attack Bonus, Combat Advantage, etc. If a Mob Attack Bonus is used, it will display on the attack line +X(Mob Attack) where X equals the number chosen by the user.

What I would like is for other people to be able to click on or mouseover "(Mob Attack)" and it display the quote from the Monster Manual. So that if anyone is wondering what that bonus is, or how it was derived, they can just find out.

It may seem moot for Kobolds, but I'd like to learn it on a fundamental scale so I can adapt it to more large scale or lengthy features.

Thanks for your help,

Rogue

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Mouseover / Links in Macro Displays

Post by wolph42 »

basically create a macro that does what you want and then call it in the properties sheet.
If you clic in my sig on full overview and than on the fully autocreate... link you get a more extensive howto.

Return to “User Creations”