Unbound Town Map Project

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

dorpond
RPTools Team

Unbound Town Map Project

Post by dorpond »

I created a new thread for the actual project. This is based off of this thread, where I beta'd the whole concept:
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

OK, I have played with this whole thing and came to a conclusion - Having an editable town greatly speeds up game play for the DM - no question.

The key to this working is the ability to have the additional stampable road and grass to cover buildings and other stuff - think of it as an instant construction crew :)

So to make this project a reality, I need to leave behind the beta map that I previously posted and make a really cool map.

This is where I need your help!

If anyone is interested in joining me in this project, let us work together and make a real kick butt town for quick encounters!

Things we could use:
1. Town materials - any objects that can be used outside that give the map that wow factor are great. Keep in mind though that we still want to be able to use stamps during game so I guess stationary objects and ambiences are great. For now, we will start by making a D&D style town and if this works well, we can do the same for Sci-fi and Modern afterwards.
2. Buildings - I really don't want the same building twice so to pull that off, we could use some really nice buildings.
3. Ground textures - I would like to use a ground and road texture that everyone is happy with. If you have anything, post it up here so we can get a general agreement.

If anyone wants to manipulate anything that I have posted, feel free - sometimes one little change makes a difference.

All artwork, you can post links (or img) here to keep it together.

See you in map land!

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

I'm all for this, and will do whatever I can to help facilitate this project, including making the zip file repo work so you can build a zip file of the images to distribute as a package.

Feel free to create a sub gallery in our gallery to collect the images. Or, potentially even better yet, a sub gallery at rpgmapshare.com
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Trevor,

What I think I might do is create an area in our Gallery for the project people to be able to put images for a town.

The reason I am going this route is because many of the images I might get from RPGMapshare.com, Dundjinni, etc, and this way I can put them all in one area for us to save on digging around.

I am not sure if Steel would want duplicates on his server for this project so since it is RPTools related, I will do it here.

You good with that?

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Sure, although we might check with SR and see what his opinion is. I'm all for supporting a single free-image repository :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Roger that!

*skids to a halt and walks over to the design table*

Any thoughts Steel?

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Sorry, didn't see this yesterday.

Hmm, tough call. Dorpond, I think you have the ability to create albums on RPGMapShare, not sure though.

Right now duplicates aren't a concern. There might even be a way of linking if using an existing album object, not sure about that one either.

I don't have a problem with it if you want to experiment on RPGMapShare. do whichever is easiest for you.
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

Return to “User Creations”