Jamis Buck's Dungeon Generator

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Darcphaze
Cave Troll

Jamis Buck's Dungeon Generator

Post by Darcphaze »

While it has been my experience and practice to be prepared ahead of time, there are moments where a spur of the moment dungeon MUST be had or when a GM just doesn't have the time to do one themselves. Can't beat the skeleton. Just dress it up and its good to go.

Up until the demise of the website, I used the Jamis Buck's Dungeon Generator, which is still in use online at MythWeavers.com

In lieu of this tenuous medium, I found its zip file. I believe it's 3.0, although the prices of some magic items are 3.5 prices. It generates 3.0 NPC stats however.

In any event, I will put a link to the zip file on the bottom of my Pangea Campaign page sometime today for those desiring the program on a more permanent basis. I would place a direct link here but my provider doesn't like sharing bandwidth.
Last edited by Darcphaze on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
No matter what a GM plans for, the players are certain to find another way to do it

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Once the campaign format is really stable, someone could "easily" write a random dungeon generator that created a campaign file by using Vry or Snikle's dungeon tiles.

Darcphaze
Cave Troll

my players view

Post by Darcphaze »

Funny thing is, my players asked me about these strange dungeon layouts, long long hallways and going nowhere turnarounds. Why would anybody actually BUILD anything that looked like this. I told them, get the Architecture skill and I'll tell ya.

Sure enough somebody did. He was promptly told. All spells have durations. You will note that long, going nowhere hallways eat up any duration most spells may have. You want to pillage this place? you want to wage war? They are built for seige. Without a floor plan (and even in some instances with one), you're waging a war without duration magic. Also, they can collapse any hallway anywhere at any time and perhaps still block you out or trap you in a dead end.

Now they search for traps more diligently.

Ack Hawk! you musta posted while I was typing, didn't even see it! Yeah a random dungeon would be GREAT! I love them. The more they provide, the better.
No matter what a GM plans for, the players are certain to find another way to do it

Notsonoble
Dragon

Post by Notsonoble »

aarg has been down, and I was hoping your link really went to the zip, but it goes to the old aarg link :cry: do you have the zip file still to post?

Darcphaze
Cave Troll

Post by Darcphaze »

Notsonoble wrote:aarg has been down, and I was hoping your link really went to the zip, but it goes to the old aarg link :cry: do you have the zip file still to post?
Yes I forgot to do it ! DOH! :shock: So I sent myself a reminder and should have it there tonight. My apologies. I have had a lot of requests for it.
=========
Alrighty then. Its up for download. If anyone has trouble getting it from the site, let me know.

Darcphaze
Cave Troll

Re: Jamis Buck's Dungeon Generator

Post by Darcphaze »

Darcphaze wrote:Up until the demise of the website, I used the Jamis Buck's Dungeon Generator, which is still in use online at MythWeavers.com

In lieu of this tenuous medium, I found its zip file. I believe it's 3.0, although the prices of some magic items are 3.5 prices. It generates 3.0 NPC stats however.

In any event, I will put a link to the zip file on the bottom of my Pangea page sometime today for those desiring the program on a more permanent basis. I would place a direct link here but my provider doesn't like sharing bandwidth.
The campaign (though still wandering the Labyrinth) is winding down and soon the Pangea Campaign folder will be removed. Therefore, I've placed the link to the dungeon_win.zip file on my homepage

Return to “User Creations”