Pyramid of Shadows

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

thinklibertarian
Kobold

Pyramid of Shadows

Post by thinklibertarian »

Hi All,

It took far less time to do this module than it took to do Thunderspire Labyrinth.

I must be getting used to Maptool. As usual, no macros, just maps and tokens.

Here is the file. It is 11.3MB, and was done with v1.3.b43.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/im2x2wmyy ... dows.cmpgn

Also available: Thunderspire Labyrinth (12.7MB, v1.3.b43)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vtzkyyz5n ... inth.cmpgn

This will be it from me for a while. Now I will take the time to enjoy them.

See ya,

T.L.

GamerRay
Cave Troll

Post by GamerRay »

When I try loading both of these up, all I get is the "Start Here" map that only has effect tokens (poisoned, mark, etc). Is this because I'm trying to open it in 1.3.b45, or is there a way to access the actual maps?

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

They're all there, at least in Thunderspire. We're using b45 and used the first 3 maps today. Are you switching maps with the blue world icon in the upper right (under the red x)?

Thanks BTW Thinklibertarian. I was afraid I was going to have to make the maps for my group, but didn't want to since it's my turn to play and I like be surprised!

GamerRay
Cave Troll

Post by GamerRay »

Aha, I certainly was not using the globe (still new to MT...). Thank you!

And fantastic job on those maps. That's gonna save me a good deal of time, and they look beautiful.

rpotor
Kobold

Re: Pyramid of Shadows

Post by rpotor »

I'd just like to say thank you for this pure awesomeness. I wouldn't even try to think how many hours of work went into making this map. It is just perfect and is a very valuable addition to my DM-ing of this module. Thank you!
In the beginning, there was nothing.
And God said, LET THERE BE LIGHT.
And there was still nothing, but now you could see it.

Vampyre
Kobold

Post by Vampyre »

Dude.. You Rock!!!

tmatk
Cave Troll

Post by tmatk »

Glad to find these, Think's work will save me a lot of time! :)

I have a question. What's up with the "start here" labels on the maps? I wanted to replace them with arrows, but I can't seem to even select them. Are they locked or something? Thanks for any help.

barinax
Giant

Post by barinax »

tmatk wrote:Glad to find these, Think's work will save me a lot of time! :)

I have a question. What's up with the "start here" labels on the maps? I wanted to replace them with arrows, but I can't seem to even select them. Are they locked or something? Thanks for any help.

They are probably on a different layer. Try selecting the background or object layers and see if you can select them then.

tmatk
Cave Troll

Post by tmatk »

barinax wrote:

They are probably on a different layer. Try selecting the background or object layers and see if you can select them then.
No go, tried all the layers and I can't select them.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

tmatk wrote:
barinax wrote:

No go, tried all the layers and I can't select them.
Stupid question, but do you have the Text tool active (part of the Drawing tools) when you're trying to select them?

tmatk
Cave Troll

Post by tmatk »

Rumble wrote:
Stupid question, but do you have the Text tool active (part of the Drawing tools) when you're trying to select them?
Nope, I have the select tool. I'm able to select other objects. Have a look at what I'm talking about, it looks like a token label to me. Could it be something from an older version of maptool?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

tmatk wrote:
Rumble wrote:
Nope, I have the select tool. I'm able to select other objects. Have a look at what I'm talking about, it looks like a token label to me. Could it be something from an older version of maptool?

Right, what I mean is, if that's an actual Label written by the Label tool, then you need to select the Drawing Tools button, then the "T" button (which lets you put text on the map), and then you can select the label.

Draw Tool:
drawtool.jpg
drawtool.jpg (8.84 KiB) Viewed 5602 times
Text Tool:
texttool.jpg
texttool.jpg (14.4 KiB) Viewed 5600 times
Once you've done that, you can click on the label and it will get a barbers pole border, and just hit Delete, and it's gone.

tmatk
Cave Troll

Post by tmatk »

Ah thats it! Thanks Rumble, I didn't even know you could do that. :oops:

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

tmatk wrote:Ah thats it! Thanks Rumble, I didn't even know you could do that. :oops:
No problem. I rarely use the drawing tools, but I figured out labels once, and you can only manipulate them if you've got the Text tool open.

basotl
Kobold

Post by basotl »

I just wanted to say that I have been using this to play through with my players and it has been great. We are down to the last few encounters and it has been a real treat to have this module pre-made on maptools. Kudos to the creator.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Return to “User Creations”