Gallery thumbnail cropping?

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Jector
Great Wyrm

Gallery thumbnail cropping?

Post by Jector »

I just dropped in a bunch of ships in the SpaceShip folder of my section in the gallery.

http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Jector/StarShips/

The default settings are cropping the images instead of thumbnailing the full image. It doesn't bother me as I already have them (obviously) but for people browsing it's gotta be a pain.

How can I set it up to reduce the image for thumbnails without uploading custom thumbs for each one?
I cast firecube! ~4E

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

If you go and Edit the photo in the gallery, you can set the default thumbnail size. The problem is though is that it will be a square thumbnail and your ships are long.

You can also create your own thumbnails in Photoshop (or whatever), save them as JPG's and then upload them into the gallery. That option is also available under Edit.

Hope this helps.

Great images btw!

Jector
Great Wyrm

Post by Jector »

It's not the thumbnail size I have issues with but the way it's cropping the originals so you can't really tell what half the images are. Resizing the thumb doesn't change that, unfortunately.

Thanks for the kudos on the images. I can only take credit for changing them to png, though. Hope folks out there find use for them.

EDIT:

Cheese and freakin' crackers! I converted them to jpg and changed the file size to 150 pixels. When you upload it it STILL crops the image to a square using the smallest dimension! That's messed up.

EDIT:

New thumbs uploaded. Noticed 2 ships with a tiny bit of background left in the corners, the ships are fixed the thumbs are the same.
I cast firecube! ~4E

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Jector wrote: Thanks for the kudos on the images. I can only take credit for changing them to png, though. Hope folks out there find use for them.
(gentle reminder to the general community to include credit references in the image description for anything not self-created)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “User Creations”