Looking for advice

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

wyrmwood
Dragon

Looking for advice

Post by wyrmwood »

This question is for tablet users. I'm interested in getting a tablet input device. I found this deal at newegg, but know nothing of this manufacturer. It's a pretty good price and free shipping. Any recommendations?

Brigand
Read-only User

Re: Looking for advice

Post by Brigand »

That seems like a deal too good to pass up. It even says it has 1024 pressure levels which is what the Intuos line of Wacom tablets have. The cheaper Bamboo's only have 512. darn you... now I might have to buy one. For that price, it's too good to pass up.

83% good or excellent reviews. Seems like it's a safe purchase and you can always return it if it turns out to be a dud.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

It sounds good and the reviews suggest that it compares favourably to a wacom. However I have been using an A6 graphire for a year and cannot fault it. The wacom support in all graphics programs is very good because it's an industry standard. I know I had a nightmare trying to get a previous Nisis tablet to work properly with gimp. The rechargable battery thing is a bit of a pain, but no great issue. Wacoms are battery free. I'd always recommend the A6 bamboo (the replacement line to the graphire) which is currently going on Amazon for around $60. However if you want a larger one (I actually prefer the smaller size) then it might be worth going for.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

I've heard of Genius before. They've been around for quite some time. Wacom is still the best, but for that price... yea, can't beat it.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

Jector
Great Wyrm

Post by Jector »

Personally, I'd spend the extra 95 bucks for the larger one with twice the LPI.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6823102012

Considered one of these for some time but always wanted a display version. Unfortunately their starting price is in the grand region. :cry:
I cast firecube! ~4E

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

It might be worth getting the bamboo just for the support and expertise Wacom has, but I would stick with the 512 pressure pen/tablets. They're good enough to the average person just wanting to use them for personal use.

wyrmwood
Dragon

Post by wyrmwood »

Thanks all, I went ahead and ordered one. I'll let you know once I get a chance to play with it :)

Return to “User Creations”